Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Verdesca
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
What would you most like to see as Stretch Goals for the upcoming Spirit Island expansion Kickstarter campaign?

I would love to see something along the following lines (nothing different, just more of that Spirit Island goodness):

$X - 5 extra blight cards

$$X - 10 extra fear cards

$$$X - 10 extra event cards

$$$$X - 10 extra minor powers

$$$$$X - 10 extra major powers

$$$$$$X - 1 extra adversary

$$$$$$$X - 1 extra spirit

$$$$$$$$X - another extra spirit

Credit for coming up with this topic goes to Plague45 on the GTG website:

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/thoughts-on-kicksta...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because the adversaries are historically based, it might be hard to come up with a new one? Scenarios are probably easy.

OTOH, maybe something from outside the "Euro realm?" E.G. Siam or from fiction; Catain Nemo or Dr. Moreau perhaps?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would like more spirits. The blight/event cards are blah....more power cards are always welcome but I would like to see more Spirits and possibly more land spaces. Who's to say theres a landmass beyond the ocean? Why not another Island altogether with their own Spirits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Because the adversaries are historically based, it might be hard to come up with a new one?
The alternate history for Europe was specifically designed to have lots of colonizing powers: Spirit Island Design Diary - Adversaries I doubt we'll run out soon.

But it is a lot of work to balance all 6 levels of an adversary and make sure the effects work smoothly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any component upgrades (etc) people would like to see as stretch goals?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrii Chabykin
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mb
Plastic board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Fear and blight tokens for one!

Also, it would be cool if there were some kind of Shrine token that was different than just two tokens stacked on top of each other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A box to hold everything, upgraded fear tokens and maaaybe blight would probably be my most preferred 'bling'.

I really like the spirit tokens/dahan/invaders so don't really think they need changed.

Would love as many spirits as they can come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An insert by FoldedSpace like what was included in the Gentes Kickstarter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dthurston wrote:
Are there any component upgrades (etc) people would like to see as stretch goals?

I would love to see something with the tactile satisfaction of the "doom counters" from Hogwarts Battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A plastic board would be incredible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dougan
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But would violate part of the design aesthetic. Everything plastic in the game is "bad" - Invaders & blight, principally. The "good" things - spirit presence, Dahan, tokens from the expansion - are made of natural materials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Llyranor Ilfarath
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
$X - 1 extra spirit

$$X - 1 extra spirit

$$$X - 1 extra spirit

$$$$X - 1 extra spirit

$$$$$X - 1 extra spirit

$$$$$$X - 1 extra spirit

$$$$$$$X - 1 extra spirit

$$$$$$$$X - another extra spirit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jsdougan wrote:
But would violate part of the design aesthetic. Everything plastic in the game is "bad" - Invaders & blight, principally. The "good" things - spirit presence, Dahan, tokens from the expansion - are made of natural materials.

Absolutely right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsdougan wrote:

Wooden board!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
verballyinsane wrote:
Wooden board!
It's been talked about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My dream kit for this game would probably involve steel invaders and replacing all of the cardboard tokens with something more interesting; probably gems of some sort for energy and something creepy for fear - maybe little stone skulls that constantly scream and cry blood? Blight tokens that are easier to pick up; they might also scream.

I'd also love to replace the invader board with something that doesn't require folding. Space is pretty tight on there, so it would probably require something like eliminating the space for the fear discard pile, but that's fine by me. If it were neoprene or fabric, it would make it easier to move cards/tokens.

A good insert designed for the game in use is a must. Though the box is already pretty full with just the currently published materials; another expansion is certainly going to require splitting things between two boxes or adding a larger box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Teti
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
perhaps a reimplementation of the thematic map? or new interesting maps?It's really hard to tell where spirits and other tokens are placed IMO aside from what the spirit boards tell you.

Definitely more Spirits.

More event cards.

I think the fear tokens should be something different than the cardboard tokens. Crystal Skulls? Skull and crossbones similar to deckhands in Dead Men Tell no Tales?

What about unique Prescence tokens? There was thread https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2029659/spirit-island-custo... that used some really unique stones and such for each spirit. That would be really cool. All this for backers and could be avaible to others just disovering the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thorben
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
...repeat...
badge
...long slow goodbye...
mbmb
Better player boards and map tiles that don't bend :-/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Bob McJimmerson
msg tools
Suman11 wrote:
A plastic board would be incredible.

The world has enough plastic problems without needlessly adding more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn van Dessel
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
I think as stretch goals you are going to want an extra spirit or two for the real hard to reach stretches as suggested in the OP. Other than that just add more content. Powers, blight cards, fear cards. Perhaps even some new game mechanics for some higher stretches? I am no designer but something like Dahan Sacred sites that offer a spirit a sacred site if it has one presence there? Dahan Capitals that offer defence per dahan present? To balance obviously some kind of invader counterpart? A capital city for invaders with extra damage and health? A Holy invader site that requires at least two presence for a normal presence and three for a sacred site? Something new as a stretch goal that isn't a must have but could add some new yet relatively simple elements?

I for one wouldn't like to see bling as stretch goals for the base pledge. I understand the will to bling out the game but don't make the mistake of forcing people who aren't into bling or already have home made bling into getting it. If the Eclipse second dawn KS is anything to go by people really hate having to pay for things they don't want or already have. Keep the base pledge functional and bling free. You could add it as stretch goals as then technically you aren't paying for it but not everyone is waiting for extra bling and would prefer more content.

Seeing as there is a lot of demand for bling though there should be a higher level pledge that is all about that bling. Custom presence tokens per spirit? Upgraded fear and energy tokens? All sorts of component upgrades perhaps even with specific extra stretch goals. Like base pledge gets this new spirit at this stretch goal. BLINGIT Island Backers also receive custom presence markers for this spirit.

Also, an option to pledge extra for the promo spirits that are allready available would be well received.

This would be a good start imho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just make an expansion that matches the quality of gameplay and components of the first one. Maybe have a freebie spirit as a reward for backers, but this stretch goal thing is pretty played out now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina Schrempf
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorbman wrote:
Better player boards and map tiles that don't bend :-/

Yes, please. The invader board where you place down the event card etc. is heavely warped in my copy and refuses to be straighten out no matter how many times I place it under books. I think, it is just to small with too many folds.
I would love a do-over of that board. Someone even suggested a neoprene mat for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carighan Maconar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like no stretch goals. They're a stupid idea. Just sell me an expansion please, I don't need it to be a hedge fund or a scheme of bid-now-to-resell-for-profit-later.

Sorry, but looking at the current Tim Fowers Kickstarter, that is how a KS should look. One tier where you get the game. No stretch goals. No KS-exclusives. That's it. You get the game. Or not, if not enough funding comes in. Done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pemberton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
-Some form of wind-based spirit to play, it's the only elemental we're really lacking in.

-Upgraded tokens of some form. Wooden fear tokens would look amazing.

-Potentially new map tiles, to give different orientations of the classic board, or allow them to hook up to the original boards in new ways to have more differently-shaped islands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.