5 Posts

Gloomhaven» Forums » General

Subject: Gloomhaven is super hard....or so I thought rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danny Loudermilk
msg tools
Hey doods.

I thought that this game was incredibly hard after my first couple sessions (about 7). Likely nearly impossibly hard.

I am playing solo as my group is not yet ready to join so I am playing one level up like the rules suggest. But it was after I had done scenarios 1,2,3,8,70,6,5 before I realized my mistake.

I was calculating difficulty based off of average lvl of characters rounded up + 1 (for solo) instead of average lvl divided by 2 + 1. This means that the last scenario I did (and failed tremendously) was a lvl 5 scenario when I should have been doing lvl 3.

I redid the scenario at lvl 3 and I wouldn't say that it was easy, but each character had 4or5 cards left when I finished.

Not important but I wanted to share with someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Mountain view
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Glad you got it figured out, its a common mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nikobel 21
Greece
Elefsina
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you play solo you don't raise the difficult level of the scenario, you just increase the monster and trap level by 1. All the other (eg. rewards) stay the same (average level of characters divided by two rounded up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lukasz Kaniewski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is already mentioned in common mistakes thread BTW, i recommend you to read that one as well as FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha, I did exactly the same mistake.

I then had to play several games on easy, because my characters leveled up, which increased the difficulty of the game, but I had no traits to counter it as I was loosing one game after another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.