11 Posts

Crowbar!: The Rangers at Pointe Du Hoc» Forums » General

Subject: Deluxe Crowbar vs Regular rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonas Thorsen
Sweden
flag msg tools
Is the only differnece that in Deluxe you get a blue die?

10 dollars seems like alot for one die, is it precision dice?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Davis
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nijoth wrote:

Maybe it only rolls sixes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Thorsen
Sweden
flag msg tools
zach66827 wrote:
Nijoth wrote:

Maybe it only rolls sixes?

Haha, that would be worth paying for sometimes.

It seems like a special movement die that will only and ever be avaiable via this kickstarter, it adds extra optionsunder special circumstances. It seems like a real strange add-on, either its a total gimmick or they leave out a part of the game for non backers. Curious to hear more about this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Alaerts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the regular game and am looking forward to it.
The blue die for $10 seems a bit cynical and stingy to me, I don t get why it is not a stretch goal.
The addon is also not exactly a bargain for a countersheet with a scenario booklet, yet it offers much better perceived value than one blue die...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Koff
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my "What's Next?" blog.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talaerts wrote:
The blue die for $10 seems a bit cynical and stingy to me, I don t get why it is not a stretch goal.
The addon is also not exactly a bargain for a countersheet with a scenario booklet, yet it offers much better perceived value than one blue die...

Yeah the whole thing seems overpriced to me. I like the designer and it's probably a good game, but I'm going to pass on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim S.
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't noticed the expansion for +$30. Hmmm … that's $115 for the whole shooting match, plus $17 shipping on top. As much as I was looking forward to this one, I'm afraid it's a bridge too far for my budget -
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the base game and expansion but shook my head at the $10 die which I thought was a stretch goal at first. Paying that much for a single die and optional ruleset seemed a bit much to me. Of course others are free to spend their money as they see fit.

I would rather have the die as one of their stretch goals vs a mouse pad which came out of left field to me. In fact, why don't they take the money that's going toward those fancy yet not really going to be a part of my game mouse pads and just pay to make the blue die a stretch goal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
siljanus wrote:
I backed the base game and expansion but shook my head at the $10 die which I thought was a stretch goal at first. Paying that much for a single die and optional ruleset seemed a bit much to me. Of course others are free to spend their money as they see fit.

I would rather have the die as one of their stretch goals vs a mouse pad which came out of left field to me. In fact, why don't they take the money that's going toward those fancy yet not really going to be a part of my game mouse pads and just pay to make the blue die a stretch goal?

Agreed

PLB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Walker
United States
Henry
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
'65 Squad Level Combat in Vietnam. On Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

I hear yah, but mouse pads have been VERY popular in both Armageddon War and Platoon Commander Deluxe: Kursk. A custom die including the printer die that it takes to make it is MUCH more expensive.

That said, I do the best I can do. I try to make everyone happy with these add-ons and stretch goals. I can understand where you all are coming from, but I think we will stick to what we have for now. Thanks for pledging. I really appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Holt Walker wrote:
Quote:

I hear yah, but mouse pads have been VERY popular in both Armageddon War and Platoon Commander Deluxe: Kursk. A custom die including the printer die that it takes to make it is MUCH more expensive.

That said, I do the best I can do. I try to make everyone happy with these add-ons and stretch goals. I can understand where you all are coming from, but I think we will stick to what we have for now. Thanks for pledging. I really appreciate it.

The mouse pad isn’t my cup of tea but I have no regrets about my pledge and I’m looking forward to getting this on to my table. And if more event cards happen to make their way into the stretch goals I won’t complain...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Carlson
United States
Clarksville
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And we are getting really close to unlocking those extra event cards as well!!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/markhwalker/crowbar-the...

Eddie
http://flyingpiggames.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.