3 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition): The Deep Realms Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Escaping? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Beijer
msg tools
mb
Rules state that if you choose to escape, roll the die and move ”against the arrow”.
If you are on the second part of the bridge and fail the bridge card battle (or whatever) then wish to escape - would escaping ”against the arrow”, as worded, not let the character escape into the direction i was heading? As in flee forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The choice of words may be a bit odd, but if you are on the bridge at the start of your turn, you choose to either cross over to the other bridge space or exit the Deep Realms into the adjacent board region. To cross the bridge is called "Press On", regardless of what direction you initially entered the Deep Realms from. To exit the Deep Realms is called "Escape", regardless of which direction you came from. You aren't necessarily fleeing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Beijer
msg tools
mb
Right, I have misread the bridge cards rules. The cards are always shuffled back in - even if you don’t win the encounters. So my suggested scenario wouldn’t happen (you get to roll either way)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.