Mice and Mystics: Downwood Tales» Forums » General

Subject: Downwood Tales unavailable anywhere in Europe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Prentis
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So I was really happy to hear the news about the reprint in February, and I kept checking various European shops and websites to see when it appeared here, but it just isn't anywhere. A tweet to Plaid Hat Games didn't get any response - any information as to why it's not available anywhere in Europe? I'm pretty sure there are a good many people interested in it, so it seems like a total loss of revenue not to offer it to European players :-(

Any chance this could be remedied?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Danish store Fantask seems to have it in stock, but it's on sale so they need to be contacted to be sure:

http://www.fantask.dk/default.asp?id=1&cbochoice=games&itemi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sorg UR
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kukn wrote:
So I was really happy to hear the news about the reprint in February, and I kept checking various European shops and websites to see when it appeared here, but it just isn't anywhere. A tweet to Plaid Hat Games didn't get any response - any information as to why it's not available anywhere in Europe? I'm pretty sure there are a good many people interested in it, so it seems like a total loss of revenue not to offer it to European players :-(

Any chance this could be remedied?

Why not buy it from GeekMarket: https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/browse?objecttype=thing...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Prentis
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. I've written to fantask.dk.

The offers on GeekMarket are either from America, or the Italian edition. The one English edition from Italy is a bit overpriced compared to what should be in retail, but a potential buy... But I'd actually really like to know why the game isn't being sold in retail here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jidney fireheart
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
I second this!!! Have almost completed Heart of Glorm with my kids and they're hooked... I had to wait years for them to be old enough to play it (youngest is 7) so I didn't buy DT when it WAS available... and I'm certainly not spending £100+ on it... Good luck with the Danish store!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johnsson
msg tools
I have contacted the nordic publisher with little success. "It's all in stock, ask your local store to order"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince
Belgium
Aarschot
flag msg tools
Bumping in this thread to see if anybody got it already (and to potentially trigger Plaid Hat games to look into this).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klakmuf Leon
Ireland
flag msg tools
Purchased mine in Ireland on this store : http://www.gamersworlddublin.com/index.php/board-games/mice-...
Shipping in IE and UK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Clarke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
After over a year of hunting and emailing (and no reply from Plaid Hat) I finally managed to grab myself a copy at Games Lore in the UK (Just in time for the movie announcement) Hope that helps if anybody in UK is still looking. https://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/PR_Mice_and_Mystics_Board...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stepen Street
United Kingdom
Haywards Heath
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks Phil, I'd given up on getting a copy, but I just picked one up too. Brilliant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Clarke
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
No worries, glad to help thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.