Subject: Does the game come with dividers? How´s setup? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello. Watching the current Kickstarter, everything looks fine. Does the game come with dividers for every type of card? Or is it just a divider with "spells" then 20 different spells behind it I have to sort out every time I do set up?

How is setup/cleanup in geneal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey Weston
United States
Goshen
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes the game comes with dividers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dividers and setups are similar to Thunderstone and Advance, so there's no issue there. Setup can be a bit longer in Ques, unless you're playing a scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find the setup and cleanup really easy for this game. One thing I like are the Adventure setups provided in the rule book. They have a predetermined set of cards to use. Then in each following adventure from the same "campaign", some cards stay and others are replaced. It means that it is really easy to play 4 or more games in a row, each one similar, but with slight (and important) changes to the puzzle. It really allows you to see the use of and versatility of different cards when you have an opportunity to use them in conjunction with other cards. Lots of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake G.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Brian T wrote:
I find the setup and cleanup really easy for this game. One thing I like are the Adventure setups provided in the rule book. They have a predetermined set of cards to use. Then in each following adventure from the same "campaign", some cards stay and others are replaced. It means that it is really easy to play 4 or more games in a row, each one similar, but with slight (and important) changes to the puzzle. It really allows you to see the use of and versatility of different cards when you have an opportunity to use them in conjunction with other cards. Lots of fun!

I can't wait to get this game! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Does the game come with dividers? How´s setup? Also a question about the epic addon.
Brian T wrote:

That sounds great.

I might just ask another question here instead of making a new topic.

What about epic thunderstone? I assume I would want to play that after the campaing but is the $25 addon worth it? My point is that after you play the regular game enough and move on to epic play I guess you will continue playing that? Or do people go back and forth?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some people really enjoy the Epic variant, but I didn't bother with it. If I would like a more random setup, I use the randomizer cards provided to create my own scenario.

It does however, provide you with yet another way to play the game! Combine it with the provided adventures, the randomizer setups, now the Coop - Barricades mode and Epic, you have a ton of replay value with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Kofoed
United States
Rexburg
IDAHO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same exact question myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
That sounds great.

I might just ask another question here instead of making a new topic.

What about epic thunderstone? I assume I would want to play that after the campaing but is the $25 addon worth it? My point is that after you play the regular game enough and move on to epic play I guess you will continue playing that? Or do people go back and forth?

Thanks

Just to make sure you know, the $25 add-on is not required to play Epic Thunderstone.

Epic Thunderstone involves taking one of each different card from the types of cards and using them all in the same game. The add-on provides an extra copy of each of the cards in the game with the purpose of making it easier to switch between Epic and "normal" Thunderstone Quest modes. It's just for convenience.

So, if you do reach the point where you no longer want to play "normal" Thunderstone Quest, preferring the Epic Thunderstone variant mode, then you can set it up from just the base game without the add-on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Andersson
Sweden
Rimbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:

Just to make sure you know, the $25 add-on is not required to play Epic Thunderstone.

Epic Thunderstone involves taking one of each different card from the types of cards and using them all in the same game. The add-on provides an extra copy of each of the cards in the game with the purpose of making it easier to switch between Epic and "normal" Thunderstone Quest modes. It's just for convenience.

So, if you do reach the point where you no longer want to play "normal" Thunderstone Quest, preferring the Epic Thunderstone variant mode, then you can set it up from just the base game without the add-on.

Yes I was aware of that I understand that the addon saves alot of sorting time but my guess is that I will like the epic variant more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
eatem wrote:
Yes I was aware of that I understand that the addon saves alot of sorting time but my guess is that I will like the epic variant more.

Awesome, well, I suppose my point was that you do not need to spend the extra $25 if you expect you'll like Epic more... unless you also want to play the normal game interchangeably. I'm sure that $25 is well-worth saving the time of regularly picking and re-sorting one of each card in the game heh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Normal game is good to teach new players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Reese
msg tools
designer
mbmb
kakuuuu wrote:
Normal game is good to teach new players.

Agreed. In fact, at one time during thunderstone quests development, epic was the default mode. But we discovered that while people enjoy epic mode, it is more difficult to teach new players. This is why we made epic the optional method, and the stacks of cards the primary method.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.