1 , 2  Next »   | 

Great Western Trail: Rails to the North» Forums » General

Subject: Dear publisher -avabiaility at retailers -when? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarbol Maricka
Germany
flag msg tools
Dear publisher, if you cant responde to the email which I sent you long time ago, at lest reply to this thread and give us answer when can we expect this expansion at retailers (in europe, usa)? We who are your customers, and who have already preorder this expansion, we deserve this information. We know you are reading this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Korner
United States
Tomah
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I preordered at Coolstuff and they have it listed as Aug/Sep / 3rd quarter. Doesn't the place you have it preordered give you a rough estimate? When they have a firm release date I am sure they will let everyone know. When publishers give a release date and do not meet the said date people get the outrage. Play the awesome base game as is for a couple more months and let the anger subside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarbol Maricka
Germany
flag msg tools
Apocalypse Dude wrote:
Doesn't the place you have it preordered give you a rough estimate?

Yep, retailer gave me estimate date when I preordered it 3 months ago - mid June. Now its almost August. I asked them again for fresh update, they said they are waiting information from publisher. I dont understand whats the problem for giving us an information, so that I know will I cancel this preorder or not. My shipment is waiting only because of this expansion, or better say because of wrong informations and lack of information. That sucks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Tonks
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarbol wrote:
Dear publisher, if you cant responde to the email which I sent you long time ago, at lest reply to this thread and give us answer when can we expect this expansion at retailers (in europe, usa)? We who are your customers, and who have already preorder this expansion, we deserve this information. We know you are reading this thread.

Quit this attitude - why do you speak as if you're special and should be told or have an email responded to promptly?

Like many others, I am looking forward to getting this but the publisher will release information when they want to and/or when the right time is.

I'm sure you like the game but that doesn't give you any extra entitlement for immediate information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Decatur
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen the previous two threads on this forum? Origins release?

[/also waiting with great anticipation]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarbol Maricka
Germany
flag msg tools
tonksey wrote:
Jarbol wrote:

Quit this attitude - why do you speak as if you're special and should be told or have an email responded to promptly?

Like many others, I am looking forward to getting this but the publisher will release information when they want to and/or when the right time is.

I'm sure you like the game but that doesn't give you any extra entitlement for immediate information.

I am not some special, just trying to get some information. I tried to to contacted them by email, but they didn't gave me any reply. And we are living in society, so it is maybe polite to give reply on email? Especially if you are waiting on order for 3 months!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kolby Reddish
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
the Yellow Sign?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In another thread, the publisher just indicated that it may be a 4-week push or it may slip until Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarbol Maricka
Germany
flag msg tools
reddish22 wrote:
In another thread, the publisher just indicated that it may be a 4-week push or it may slip until Essen.

Great, thanks for info! Essen Spiel starts for 3 months, so automatic cancel of preorder for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
Jarbol wrote:
reddish22 wrote:

Great, thanks for info! Essen Spiel starts for 3 months, so automatic cancel of preorder for me.
We are also very interested in your preorder habits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarbol wrote:
We who are your customers, and who have already preorder this expansion, we deserve this information.

No, you don't. Would it be nice? Sure. Do you deserve it? No.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You want the game u pre ordered it . Just wait till it shows up ! Are you going to cancel ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can’t wait for the expansion...but I will wait 8-).

It’ll be done when it’s done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Claeys
Belgium
Assenede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tonksey wrote:
Jarbol wrote:

Every customer is special for a company. He has a right to ask why he got the wrong info from the publisher, who is apparently not responding. I don't understand why you get upset with his question frankly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monthy_n wrote:
tonksey wrote:
Jarbol wrote:

Every customer is special for a company. He has a right to ask why he got the wrong info from the publisher, who is apparently not responding. I don't understand why you get upset with his question frankly.

Because you're acting entitled to something you aren't and making unnecessarily passive aggressive comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico Claeys
Belgium
Assenede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
monthy_n wrote:
tonksey wrote:
Jarbol wrote:

Because you're acting entitled to something you aren't and making unnecessarily passive aggressive comments.

Why aren't you entitled? Apparently he preordered based on a given date. If hé writes to the publisher, after asking the retailer, and asks why there is a delay after several months, why shouldn't you expect an answer. It doesn't have to be a date even, maybe just a quick update. But not answering at all is, I can imagine, frustrating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carter Burke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frustrating? Yes.

I’d rather this released when it’s done than rushed out the door with any number of issues (misprints, balance issues, printing inconsistencies, stock shortages, etc..).

Mr.Pfister will delivery quality if we’re patient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarbol wrote:

Yep, retailer gave me estimate date when I preordered it 3 months ago - mid June.

Really? Mid June was when you preordered? That's only just nearly a month and a half. No where near 3 months according to my math.

Yes it sucks the publisher didn't respond but they also don't always deal with distribution of several countries so as far as we know, they sent your email to their local distributor and its them who didn't respond. A little patience and courtesy would help immensely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
Jarbol wrote:

Yep, retailer gave me estimate date when I preordered it 3 months ago - mid June.

Really? Mid June was when you preordered? That's only just nearly a month and a half. No where near 3 months according to my math.

I think he's saying that 3 months ago he was told mid June.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
number_eight wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:
Jarbol wrote:

Ah!! If that is indeed the case, I sincerely apologize. Didn't think anyone ever quoted mid-June for release. I always heard around Gen Con myself .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
number_eight wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:
Jarbol wrote:

Ah!! If that is indeed the case, I sincerely apologize. Didn't think anyone ever quoted mid-June for release. I always heard around Gen Con myself .

I think I remember a late June date was given here in the forums, but I'm too lazy to search for it now, sorry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jarbol wrote:
Apocalypse Dude wrote:
Doesn't the place you have it preordered give you a rough estimate?

Yep, retailer gave me estimate date when I preordered it 3 months ago - mid June. Now its almost August. I asked them again for fresh update, they said they are waiting information from publisher. I dont understand whats the problem for giving us an information, so that I know will I cancel this preorder or not. My shipment is waiting only because of this expansion, or better say because of wrong informations and lack of information. That sucks!

Why would you cancel? that makes no sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan George
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
because he has other items that he ordered along with this expansion and everything is being delayed because of the preorder. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GhostKingGeorge wrote:
because he has other items that he ordered along with this expansion and everything is being delayed because of the preorder. zombie

I arranged with my olgs to send stuff out every time they get £100 worth available (for free shipping). Works nicely for me for preorders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryle Cuff
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EchoOperative please provide us an update on the retail release for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bryle wrote:
EchoOperative please provide us an update on the retail release for this.

They likely can't because it's either still be made or on a boat somewhere in the Pacific. They will be able to estimate arrival once it's cleared customs, that's typically the 2-3 week window until shelves. Everything before that is highly volatile and virtually impossible to gauge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.