Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harry Goentoro
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone try Troyes solo rules that it’s included in the new reprint with the expansion of lady of Troyes? Can I play the solo rules and combine it with the Lady of Troyes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Fisher
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the same question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lone Boardgamer
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
Despite that there's no official solo rules for expansion, it's not hard to implement them. I've played today with purple dice, additional cards and characters. Wasn't a game changer at all, just a little more fun added.

Roy's purple dice is simply always a red die of the same value and in case of a tie with other red dice purple one has a priority. And you can't buy it as usual.

Ladies add 3 additional character cards to resolve (9 in total) and I wouldn't call them overpowered, how some others think. I got more points for one lady, tied for another and got less points for the third one. You again need to watch the new character cards to get VPs from them, that's all.

As for guards and ramparts, it's not possible to implement them, since this is additional action and all dice combinations are taken already. Solo rules had to be completely rewriten and retested to add ramparts. I'd even say, adding them would only made solo rules even more confusing. And boy, they already are confusing enough!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.