Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While not official just yet, it looks like Eurazeo is going to purchase the Asmodee. I'm guessing the first thing Eurazeo will do is break up asmodee and sell it off in bits. Basically undoing what Asmodee spent the last few years putting together. The question I have is will most of those game companies go away or go back to being smaller purchased companies or will do you think they will fall under one larger umbrella like a hasbro or the like?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Aries
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would they want to do that? They’ll be stuffing Asmodee with the debt they incurred most like, but the past behaviour of this group suggests nothing of what you’re describing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C&H Schmidt
Germany
Heidelberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
While not official just yet, it looks like Eurazeo is going to purchase the Asmodee. I'm guessing the first thing Eurazeo will do is break up asmodee and sell it off in bits. Basically undoing what Asmodee spent the last few years putting together. The question I have is will most of those game companies go away or go back to being smaller purchased companies or will do you think they will fall under one larger umbrella like a hasbro or the like?
You got that wrong. Eurazeo are the current owners of Asmodee, and they're looking to sell.
Asmodee has been owned by Eurazeo, a private equity firm, for five years now, and what you're fearing has not happened at all. "What Asmodee spent the last few years putting together" is what Eurazeo made them do.

The prospective buyer is also a private equity firm, PAI Partners. They will certainly look to squeeze Asmodee for more profit to get their buying price back, but it is entirely unclear how this will affect the company. It will almost certainly not be broken apart; it's much more likely that they just try to expand more vertically, e.g. by getting even more of the distributors until their control.

Source: https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/79148/eurazeo-exclusive-d...

Edit: Typo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Stevenson
United Kingdom
Watford
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:

Eurazeo acquired Asmodee in 2014, and they didn't do that.

They are in talks to SELL Asmodee to PAI Partners, another private equity firm.

https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/79148/eurazeo-exclusive-d...

PAI have stated that they would continue making acquisitions, so they don't appear to be planning to dismember it either, though time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I Need More Coffee
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In this thread it is now 2014.

Has anyone heard of the new game Splendor? It might be decent. Don't really think it will be a hit or anything, but kind of intriguing. Also what's with this Eldritch Horror game? It's like Arkham Horror for Babies or something? Everything is getting so dumbed down for 'casuals' now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Party Hats sometimes history repeats itself.
Maybe I'm confused about the company, but it looks like asmodee is up for sale as of june 23rd 2018 and a private equity group was looking to buy it. Typically when a private equity group buys something they break it up and sell it to different entities.

I think the original article was back may 2018 but it looked like they had a potential buyer mid July.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-asmodee-m-a/board-game-co...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
That article doesn't say what you said it said.
It does say that it is for sale and they hired people to work on the sale process.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orson
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'll start a KickStarter to buy Asmodee. The goal will be USD1.7 Billion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Long
Canada
Whitby
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shieldwolf wrote:
Party Hats sometimes history repeats itself.
Maybe I'm confused about the company, but it looks like asmodee is up for sale as of june 23rd 2018 and a private equity group was looking to buy it. Typically when a private equity group buys something they break it up and sell it to different entities.

I think the original article was back may 2018 but it looked like they had a potential buyer mid July.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-asmodee-m-a/board-game-co...

search the forums a bit. This was a major point of discussion when the article originally went live back in May.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William "Willy-Billy" Bustamante
United States
Yuba County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hyruii wrote:
I'll start a KickStarter to buy Asmodee. The goal will be USD1.7 Billion.

If the guy with the NASCAR game got 7 dollars or something like that I believe in you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.