Everdell» Forums » Rules

Subject: Husband placement activation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't found a definitive answer on this yet.

I know the following...

For the husband to activate, he needs to be paired with a wife and your city needs to contain a farm.

My question is...

If I play a husband into a city that contains a wife and a farm, does the husband activate? Is the husband considered "paired" right before he attempts to activate on placement?

If yes, then the perfect placement of a wife, husband, and farm would be...

Farm, then Wife, then Husband. This would allow you to take advantage of the placement bonus and then any following productions. If the husband is played before the wife, you lose the placement bonus but gain any future productions if the husband is paired.

Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Nehwon
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lionpants wrote:

If yes, then the perfect placement of a wife, husband, and farm would be...

Farm, then Wife, then Husband. This would allow you to take advantage of the placement bonus and then any following productions. If the husband is played before the wife, you lose the placement bonus but gain any future productions if the husband is paired.

Right?

This is how I've been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cyr
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Technically, Wife, then Farm, then Husband would work just as well. You could still use the Farm to play the Husband for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Mann
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming that if you get the Farm first, you can opt to pay 2 berries for the wife and get the Husband for free (saving 3 berries) on subsequent turns. (net saving of 1 berry)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
BalsaWood wrote:
I'm assuming that if you get the Farm first, you can opt to pay 2 berries for the wife and get the Husband for free (saving 3 berries) on subsequent turns. (net saving of 1 berry)

Yep!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lady Baynes
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or buy two farms (if you have the Barge Toad you get more twigs) and get the Husband and Wife for free? That's what I did today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
So yes? The husband produces when played if there is a wife and farm in the city?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cyr
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lionpants wrote:
So yes? The husband produces when played if there is a wife and farm in the city?

Assuming that you pair the Husband with the Wife (and why wouldn't you?), yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Wilson
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ladybaynes wrote:
Or buy two farms (if you have the Barge Toad you get more twigs) and get the Husband and Wife for free? That's what I did today

Awesome! Well done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I just didn't know if the "pairing" effect took place before the "activation" of the production cards. I guess I am thinking too much into it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cyr
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lionpants wrote:
I just didn't know if the "pairing" effect took place before the "activation" of the production cards. I guess I am thinking too much into it.

Yup, you're thinking too much into it. Otherwise, the Husband would never produce when you played him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.