Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was wondering - the one disappointment I had from Darkest Night kickstarter was that they showed the really thick stock for player tokens in the video demo but thats not what was sent out.

I see that there is also thick tokens showing in a pic of what you will be getting for this game. Are they going to be thick tokens (I believe the first kickstarter third edition had them)
Only posting because I have not seen a definite answer to this yet, and what I was told from Darkest Night was that they never said that it would be the thick card stock. (of course the demo of the kickstarter game showed them so I ASSUMED - and of course everyone knows when you do that what happens

Anyway, since I saw the question come up about the different card size in a another post, I would throw this question in the mix too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the "thick stock" tokens you saw were laser cut prototypes. VPG no longer has the laser cutting machine, and the counters that come with the game are die cut from somewhat thinner stock. At least that's the way it was for Dawn of the Zeds third edition's first print run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Brett Schaller wrote:
I'm pretty sure the "thick stock" tokens you saw were laser cut prototypes. VPG no longer has the laser cutting machine, and the counters that come with the game are die cut from somewhat thinner stock. At least that's the way it was for Dawn of the Zeds third edition's first print run.

That’s true...but, the markers are thick enough to withstand game play with no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Brett Schaller wrote:

That’s true...but, the markers are thick enough to withstand game play with no problems.
Only let the humans handle them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.