Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading reviews and watching some videos, I made the purchase, and I'm glad I did. The most salient aspect of this game is that each game you play is a different puzzle to solve. This is because of the random setup, the random enemies and events that come at you, and the random missions, not to mention the random equipment you get.

For my first game (two-handed solo), I set the game to "recruit" (i.e., the easiest level) and won handily. I like that, because I get frustrated with co-op games that constantly beat me into the ground.

For my second game, I set the difficulty to "veteran" (the next level up). I got hammered. Not even close. The enemy trackers were distant, so I tried to take risk and focus on missions and powering up weapons. Before I knew it, two huge nemeses were on top of Valerian, and--boom--the game was over. Clearly, I need to play more carefully at normal level.

Looking forward to the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.