Deep Space D-6» Forums » General

Subject: The Long Way Home rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Broken Axe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this RPG expansion be available to those who already own the game or only to those who backed it on the recent KS?

I have owned this game for a while, purchased it at retail. I enjoy it but would welcome some added flavor like The Long Way Home and hope it will be available at least for purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a update from June 2017 on Kickstarter: "The document will be made available exclusively to all backers free to download as a printer-friendly PDF." From that, it sounds like it's not going to be available elsewhere. However, that information is over a year old now, and things could have changed since then. I don't remember seeing anything more recent about what the availability of The Long Way Home would be though, so we might have to wait for more info from the creator on this to be sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Broken Axe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dronak wrote:
According to a update from June 2017 on Kickstarter: "The document will be made available exclusively to all backers free to download as a printer-friendly PDF." From that, it sounds like it's not going to be available elsewhere. However, that information is over a year old now, and things could have changed since then. I don't remember seeing anything more recent about what the availability of The Long Way Home would be though, so we might have to wait for more info from the creator on this to be sure.

Thank you for the reply. That is kind of disappointing to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah that could come across as a bit of a backhand to prior backers.

"Buy the game again or you'll never get this expansion suckers!"

That probably wasnt the intent. And as is noted below you could just back for two of the expansions and skip the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nándor Gáspár
Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you didn't need to buy the game again. You were able to select only the expansion, or just pledge 1$ for the PnP stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Endless Expansion was at the 6$ pledge.

Long Way Home RPG was to open to all backers. Which probably includes the 1$ backing as it does emphasize all.

Still not much help if you missed the KS with it. But indeed there was that option.

So assuming a 3rd print and KS hopefully it will show up again then and those that missed have another chance to get it all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given all the difficulties and angry backers Tony dealt with during the 2nd print run, I don't know if there will ever be a 3rd print run one day...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I saw it looked like mostly the usual problems of backers not understanding the logistics of printing and the designer not quite explaining the situation clearly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galileo
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the RPG campaign? My copy of Deep Space D6 finnaly arrived today! Very excited to try it out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Gilbert
Canada
Val-d'Or
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the kickstarter last update:

" The Long Way Home will be distributed under the creative commons license CC BY-SA 4.0. While the RPG will be available exclusively through a backer-only link, you are free to share the file and redistribute the material in any medium or format. "

So it will probably find its way to the people that want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric DALMIERES
France
flag msg tools
I missed the Kickstarter campaign but preordered the game via the backerkit.

Do you think thaht I will receive the campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
msg tools
It appears to be available now in the files section for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JAGame wrote:
It appears to be available now in the files section for the game.

/thread/2087518 has a link to the original source (on Tony's site) and a bit of feedback about it, including some from Tony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.