Thomas Gaczkowski
Germany
Ludwigshafen
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when using the alternative set of Strategy Cards you are supposed to have a different setup procedure for the public I and II objective cards. Specifically the designers ask you to start the game with 1 card open in the play area, and in addition to that also add 1 more public II card to the deck, effectively making it so that the "game over" card then could potentially come up already in place 6 (instead of 7).

I am trying to understsnd what the reasoning behind this decision was? I understand the reason behind the decision to shorten the game to 9 VP - this is more or less exaplained in the rule book. With the new ratio of public I and public II deck, did they intend to "shorten" the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
While I can't completely answer, because I'm not the designer, I suspect it was to address the common complaint that the early game can be a bit slow since you don't have any objectives revealed to start the game. Taking Bureaucracy in the first round is unlikely, simply because there is little chance of being able to score TWO objectives in one round. If you didn't reaveal an objective to start, the desire to take it goes down even more, since it would be IMPOSSIBLE to score more than one in the round.

Keep in mind, while it could POTENTIALLY come up in round 6, the chances of it doing so are less than 20%. I say "less than" because while there is a 1-in-5 chance of it being the first Stage II card, for it to come up in round 6 the Bureaucracy card would have to be taken that round by the person with the most VP (or by a player who just wants to throw the game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.