Subject: What to do with all of the boxes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
We've saved each box and insert the planes have come in. Carefully flattened the box, and sorting the insert. Of course now I have no idea which insert pairs with which plane, and I have a box full of flattened boxes and inserts.

My thought is taking them to the trash and clear some space for them. What do you do with all the boxes after you get the planes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart De Vuyst
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a tray of foam storage from Feldherr. I trashed the boxes and inserts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Trash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually use all the boxes to store my planes whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sterner
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
I actually use all the boxes to store my planes whistle

Me too. And if you go to sell them at some point, they're good to have on hand. But yeah they do present a storage issue either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mork Toblerone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of mine are in a plastic bag in my attic crawl space. Can't quite bring myself to throw them away. Yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, as a collector at heart, I saved all of the boxes and they have a home piled into large boxes in the attic. I am always tempted to trash them and then knowing how things go, I keep them as value is improved with packaging.

-Ski

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oh you seekers of the new who run terrified from history into the clutches of an eternal life where no electric shaver can be built to last.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've saved a few plane boxes in case I want to ship a plane to someone. The rest are gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Labelle
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Home made storage boxes for smaller planes. Kept one box from each series over the years. Don’t ask me why. The Big Bombers and Balloons are stored in their original boxes and trays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
My storage solution, oddly enough, really doesn't save me much/any space. Well maybe a little. My wife has encouraged me to keep the boxes. She says that since a lot of the Wings of Glory line is so hard to find, if I ever wanted to sell them I'd make a fair bit. Also I just hate to get rid of the original boxes, but after a couple of years, they are just taking up space. Who knows if I'll ever sell???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phillip marritt
United States
celina
Ohio
flag msg tools
ive saved all my boxes whole in a larger box left over from my last move. i will hold onto them as long as im into the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.