Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
670 Posts
[1]  Prev «  23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27  Next »  [27] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Quantum No-Reveal 9er Experimental Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't understand why you wouldn't have claimed a wolf hit until today, even if you thought it was low probability.

Our mindsets about our views have been SO different this game. Like, even when I was 2% seer and had a hit, I thought it was worth getting out just in case. And even with a 27% hit now, I couldn't fathom nightfalling when the last day is like "don't die and you might win".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Royalflush wrote:
zenofkermit wrote:
If this were a 'normal' game of werewolf I'd think that LJ and Royalflush are some combination of seer and sorcerer (or wolf.) Maybe that's still the case here, though.

I don't really understand how Royalflush's percentages have changed so drastically in a day. Mine have been gradually fluctuating. So I'm not sure I buy his going from 56% evil to 17% evil.
Again. Winning worlds being eliminated.

But your only possible wolf partners based on Smugs' views were zenofkermit and Jedit.
So, in the worlds where Smugs was the seer...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Like, if you're telling the truth, it's basically just as likely that Mimiyu is the wolf, and you've effectively made the entire day deciding between the two of us instead of working through all the worlds.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Royalflush wrote:
zenofkermit wrote:
If this were a 'normal' game of werewolf I'd think that LJ and Royalflush are some combination of seer and sorcerer (or wolf.) Maybe that's still the case here, though.

I don't really understand how Royalflush's percentages have changed so drastically in a day. Mine have been gradually fluctuating. So I'm not sure I buy his going from 56% evil to 17% evil.
Again. Winning worlds being eliminated.

But your only possible wolf partners based on Smugs' views were zenofkermit and Jedit.
So, in the worlds where Smugs was the seer...

Smugs can't be the Seer. She's saying her Seer % is 0 with a hit on you and clears on zenofkermit and Jedit. That means that, in all worlds, either you are clear or you are partners with Jedit (today) or zenofkermit (yesterday before the game didn't end).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If my Sorcerer % is 0, does that mean that there's not a world left where Mimi is the Seer? Or could it be just that other peoples' sorcerer views make that impossible or something?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
I think Royalflush thinks he's evil.
That was yesterday. And heck,, even the day before I had a high enough probability that I had to play with that in mind.

Quote:
I also don't think Royal's Wolf % could have dropped that sharply, given that he has to have been a wolf with either Jedit or zenofkermit if Smugs is telling the truth about her views, which I think she is.
And Smugs was the seer in only some of the worlds...

I'm not sure if you're being obtuse because you're trying to win or because this game really is a mess to understand. Hopefully cvb will help make things clear after the game ends.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Royalflush wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
I think Royalflush thinks he's evil.
That was yesterday. And heck,, even the day before I had a high enough probability that I had to play with that in mind.

Quote:
I also don't think Royal's Wolf % could have dropped that sharply, given that he has to have been a wolf with either Jedit or zenofkermit if Smugs is telling the truth about her views, which I think she is.
And Smugs was the seer in only some of the worlds...

I'm not sure if you're being obtuse because you're trying to win or because this game really is a mess to understand. Hopefully cvb will help make things clear after the game ends.

Please actually read my posts before calling me names.

Thanks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
If my Sorcerer % is 0, does that mean that there's not a world left where Mimi is the Seer? Or could it be just that other peoples' sorcerer views make that impossible or something?

I think a zero percent chance means your views are impossible, but that would be weird if Mimi's Seer percentage is above zero.

At least one of you, Flush or Mimikyu has to be lying. I'm sure of it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Royalflush wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
I think Royalflush thinks he's evil.
That was yesterday. And heck,, even the day before I had a high enough probability that I had to play with that in mind.

Quote:
I also don't think Royal's Wolf % could have dropped that sharply, given that he has to have been a wolf with either Jedit or zenofkermit if Smugs is telling the truth about her views, which I think she is.
And Smugs was the seer in only some of the worlds...

I'm not sure if you're being obtuse because you're trying to win or because this game really is a mess to understand. Hopefully cvb will help make things clear after the game ends.

Please actually read my posts before calling me names.

Thanks.
Not sure if this is intended as in-game bluster or not. If it's not, then please understand that I was not calling you names. I never said you're an obtuse person, simply that you were being obtuse. And if it was the latter from above, then guess what? I've been obtuse at points during this game too. Because it can be difficult to wrap one's head around this game.

Just to be clear, no personal attack was ever intended.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
If my Sorcerer % is 0, does that mean that there's not a world left where Mimi is the Seer? Or could it be just that other peoples' sorcerer views make that impossible or something?

I think a zero percent chance means your views are impossible, but that would be weird if Mimi's Seer percentage is above zero.

At least one of you, Flush or Mimikyu has to be lying. I'm sure of it.

A zero percent chance of being seer / sorcerer does not necessarily imply that the set of views has to be incorrect, only that the set of views is inconsistent with being seer / sorcerer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
If my Sorcerer % is 0, does that mean that there's not a world left where Mimi is the Seer? Or could it be just that other peoples' sorcerer views make that impossible or something?

I think a zero percent chance means your views are impossible, but that would be weird if Mimi's Seer percentage is above zero.

At least one of you, Flush or Mimikyu has to be lying. I'm sure of it.

A zero percent chance of being seer / sorcerer does not necessarily imply that the set of views has to be incorrect, only that the set of views is inconsistent with being seer / sorcerer.

Right. So your views may not be wrong, but there are no games where you could have those views. Makes sense.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
If my Sorcerer % is 0, does that mean that there's not a world left where Mimi is the Seer? Or could it be just that other peoples' sorcerer views make that impossible or something?

I think a zero percent chance means your views are impossible, but that would be weird if Mimi's Seer percentage is above zero.

At least one of you, Flush or Mimikyu has to be lying. I'm sure of it.

About what? All lj has is a sorcerer view that says I'm a seer in a world where she's a sorc. I still have a chance at being a seer though.
Her being a sorc implies I'm a seer. Me being a seer does not imply her being a sorc.
A implies b but b does not imply a.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
[dusk]

Post if you want, the game is over. Processing now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (5/9) - # - Voted by

ljtrigirl - 3 - Smugs(1), Royalflush*(4), Mimikyu(5)
Royalflush - 2 - zenofkermit(2), ljtrigirl(6)
Mimikyu - 0 - ljtrigirl(3)

Not Voting: N/A


Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:30 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

ljtrigirl - 2 - Mimikyu(3), Royalflush(6)
Mimikyu - 1 - ljtrigirl(5)
Royalflush - 1 - ljtrigirl*(4)
Smugs - 1 - ljtrigirl(1)
zenofkermit - 1 - Royalflush(2)

Not Voting: N/A
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
[dusk]

Post if you want, the game is over. Processing now.

My highest percent was a sorcerer and I have no idea how to play that at this stage in the game. BLARGH
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shit, I thought I'd switched to voting Flush. Sorry LJ. I might have won here, but my intention was to be voting Flush
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Back. I was good almost all game and then became a coin flip of being evil last night.

I also have no clue how to play this game, both because I had no clue what I was and because today felt like picking someone to lose. I had a really hard time not being like "thanks for picking me to do that, assholes". So I rolled a die to see who I'd try to get lynched because why not? I wasn't winning.

But for the record- I lied about almost everything all game because why the heck would you ever be honest?

If everyone had claimed their views and stuff, it would have become very clear that I was the most likely to be evil, I think. So I don't really get why people didn't do that.

There was also a TON of lying about %s from not just me in this final day. Like, a huge amount. There's no way that everyone was honest with their %s mathemtically.

And how could you be a 0% view with views that were possible? That doesn't make sense. You're removed from being a Seer chance when your views are no longer at all possible.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimikyu wrote:
cvb2009 wrote:
[dusk]

Post if you want, the game is over. Processing now.

My highest percent was a sorcerer and I have no idea how to play that at this stage in the game. BLARGH

I think in the most likely world(s), I just voted with you and your Wolf
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
[killed ljtrigirl]

There are 115 worlds remaining.

In 79, there are no living wolves.
In 16.5, the hunter defies parity.
In 19.5, the wolves win via parity.

So, 1-158 - No wolves
159 - 191 - Hunter win
192 - 230 - Wolves win


1d230 = (196) = 196

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1355099. cvb2009
  • 1d230 =
  • (196) =
  • 196
  • Mon Oct 8, 2018 10:07 pm
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Back. I was good almost all game and then became a coin flip of being evil last night.

I also have no clue how to play this game, both because I had no clue what I was and because today felt like picking someone to lose. I had a really hard time not being like "thanks for picking me to do that, assholes". So I rolled a die to see who I'd try to get lynched because why not? I wasn't winning.

But for the record- I lied about almost everything all game because why the heck would you ever be honest?

If everyone had claimed their views and stuff, it would have become very clear that I was the most likely to be evil, I think. So I don't really get why people didn't do that.

There was also a TON of lying about %s from not just me in this final day. Like, a huge amount. There's no way that everyone was honest with their %s mathemtically.

And how could you be a 0% view with views that were possible? That doesn't make sense. You're removed from being a Seer chance when your views are no longer at all possible.

Your views might not have been possible that night, so still right, but the person was dead/not dead.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How does viewing someone twice as a role make your odds increase of being that role? I tried it for a sorc on lj and it went way up to 43% whistle
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
Shit, I thought I'd switched to voting Flush. Sorry LJ. I might have won here, but my intention was to be voting Flush

It's fine. I'm pretty sure he was lying about as much as I was.

Like, today was just awful from a player POV, especially when I legit was 50/50 of being a wolf vs not. I had to both get a "mislynch" but have it be the right "mislynch".

I think today would have been much more straightforward and felt much less shitty if I was just trying to find the most evil person.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
[killed ljtrigirl]

There are 115 worlds remaining.

In 79, there are no living wolves.
In 16.5, the hunter defies parity.
In 19.5, the wolves win via parity.

So, 1-158 - No wolves
159 - 191 - Hunter win
192 - 230 - Wolves win


cvb2009 previously rolled 1d230 = (196) = 196


Ouch. GG.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
But for the record- I lied about almost everything all game because why the heck would you ever be honest?

Because that's more comfortable for me than lying? But also I was never in any danger of being Evil greater than 1/5.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Back. I was good almost all game and then became a coin flip of being evil last night.

I also have no clue how to play this game, both because I had no clue what I was and because today felt like picking someone to lose. I had a really hard time not being like "thanks for picking me to do that, assholes". So I rolled a die to see who I'd try to get lynched because why not? I wasn't winning.

But for the record- I lied about almost everything all game because why the heck would you ever be honest?

If everyone had claimed their views and stuff, it would have become very clear that I was the most likely to be evil, I think. So I don't really get why people didn't do that.

There was also a TON of lying about %s from not just me in this final day. Like, a huge amount. There's no way that everyone was honest with their %s mathemtically.

And how could you be a 0% view with views that were possible? That doesn't make sense. You're removed from being a Seer chance when your views are no longer at all possible.

Your views might not have been possible that night, so still right, but the person was dead/not dead.

Ohhhhhh.

Ok, that makes more sense.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  23 , 24 , 25 , 26 , 27  Next »  [27] |