BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Quantum No-Reveal 9er Experimental Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No wait that wouldnt make sense... thats what the priest is for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Royalflush wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
I regret claiming my clears now.

I think we should probably arbitrarily lynch D1 and then start game solving on D2.
I don't regret it.

I think I'm probably the lowest on the list to lynch or nk now.

If you want to be good, I'm less likely to be a wolf. If you want to be evil, I'm less likely to be the seer.

I just feel like three of us are going to randomly turn out to be evil, and if we all play for good and math things out, they just randomly lose.

I mean, I agree, but is that worse than playing for Evil and losing because you were Good? Or even slightly hedging and losing because you didn't reveal your info and you were actually the Seer?

I don't understand what you're trying to argue/convince me of.

I have shared my clears. I'm saying that I don't want to try and "solve" the game today and will just wait until tomorrow when I have a better idea of the game I'm playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
Neat. Mine were the same.

Mine were different, and one of them was you.

The person we want to vote today is the person who received the fewest Seer views. Because, as LJ reminded me, all N0s are negative, that person now has the highest chance to be a Wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok yeah.
My n0 was korte. If I'm a seer, korte's clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
whirlingdervish wrote:

The person we want to vote today is the person who received the fewest Seer views. Because, as LJ reminded me, all N0s are negative, that person now has the highest chance to be a Wolf.

I'm guessing since you voted me I'm your Sorc view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf, but I'm definitely wolfing
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
Mimikyu wrote:
I thought once we lynched somebody they were 100% dead so that their role was determined to narrow down everything?

I don't think so? If you look at the spreadsheet example that cvb gave, there are 100% dead people who don't have a role assigned. Even if that was the case, we still wouldn't know it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Royalflush wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

I think we should probably arbitrarily lynch D1 and then start game solving on D2.
I don't regret it.

If you want to be good, I'm less likely to be a wolf. If you want to be evil, I'm less likely to be the seer.

I just feel like three of us are going to randomly turn out to be evil, and if we all play for good and math things out, they just randomly lose.

I mean, I agree, but is that worse than playing for Evil and losing because you were Good? Or even slightly hedging and losing because you didn't reveal your info and you were actually the Seer?

I have shared my clears. I'm saying that I don't want to try and "solve" the game today and will just wait until tomorrow when I have a better idea of the game I'm playing.

I'm trying to convince you that trying to come up with the best way of playing this game for Good on D1 is likely to be the best play for your personal interests as a player in the game, whereas you seem to want to wait and see what tomorrow brings. If tomorrow brought you a zero percent chance of being a Wolf (I'm not sure it can, but whatever), then not looking at how best to play the game today as Good would have been a wasted opportunity.

Anyway, off to sleep, night

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
Jedit wrote:
whirlingdervish wrote:

Correct. The person with the most Sorc views is the second best choice, as they're least likely to be the Seer if they're not a Wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should add, though, that I'd be playing it differently if I had an above average chance of being evil. As Smugs says, right now you play to the odds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigun being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Royalflush wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

I don't regret it.

I'm trying to convince you that trying to come up with the best way of playing this game for Good on D1 is likely to be the best play for your personal interests as a player in the game, whereas you seem to want to wait and see what tomorrow brings. If tomorrow brought you a zero percent chance of being a Wolf (I'm not sure it can, but whatever), then not looking at how best to play the game today as Good would have been a wasted opportunity.

Anyway, off to sleep, night

As the person that has gotten screwed over by that numerous times historically, I'm good.

I'm pretty sure I invented the accidental self-steamroll. So I'm cool for today!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hibou
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
I should add, though, that I'd be playing it differently if I had an above average chance of being evil. As Smugs says, right now you play to the odds.

But like a percent in either direction is largely irrelevant. Playing for a team today just seems bonkers to me.

1) Don't lynch your wolf clear.
2) Claim your clear if you're about to die.
3) Don't think too hard other than that.

I haven't even looked at my %s other than a glance because they just don't matter at this point in time. I could be literally anything in the roleset with basically normal chances.

I guarantee you at least 1 D1 tryhard for good is going to be evil, but even beyond that, it doesn't actually matter that much because what anyone is is totally locked.

It'd almost make more sense to just roll a die and pick someone to die today, but I'd rather reward the people that showed up early and are contributing, even if it's in ways I don't agree with, than those that haven't yet.

If we math things out and (for example) you have 0.05% higher chance of being a wolf than anyone else, that's so irrelevant that I'd want to lynch other people because you showed up and are participating, both from an optical point of view but also in a way that we can hold you accountable to tomorrow when we all have a much higher chance of knowing what you are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've looked at my percents. I'm pretty sure I'm someone's clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jedit wrote:
whirlingdervish wrote:
Jedit wrote:
whirlingdervish wrote:

Correct. The person with the most Sorc views is the second best choice, as they're least likely to be the Seer if they're not a Wolf.

I wonder if your view plays into the odds I was given?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crafting Table
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a terrible way to read Korte FWIW.
badge
Korte is STILL a black hole on d3.
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote lj] your NF pledge is not great and really just punishes people who aren't online for no reason. We are probabilistically more likely to be on the same team than not.
[vote jedit] but no lynch is fine by me as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

Player (9/9) - # - Voted by

Jedit - 3 - whirlingdervish(6), zenofkermit(7), Kortemaki(9)
TWM03 - 2 - Royalflush(3), ljtrigirl(4)
ljtrigirl - 1 - Smugs(1), Kortemaki(8)
whirlingdervish - 1 - Jedit(2)
Royalflush - 1 - Mimikyu(5)

Not Voting: TWM03

Nightfall votes are denoted by an '*' after the player's name.

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

Lynch time is at 4:00 PM BGG
Night Action deadline is at 4:30 PM BGG

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Jedit - 1 - whirlingdervish(2)
Kortemaki - 2 - ljtrigirl(8), Jedit(9)
ljtrigirl - 1 - TWM03(4)
Mimikyu - 1 - Royalflush(5)
Royalflush - 1 - TWM03(3)
Smugs - 1 - ljtrigirl(1)
whirlingdervish - 1 - Jedit(6)
zenofkermit - 1 - Jedit(7)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kortemaki wrote:
[vote lj] your NF pledge is not great and really just punishes people who aren't online for no reason. We are probabilistically more likely to be on the same team than not.

I get LJ's reasoning but I also understand yours and don't want to lynch you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[vote TWM03]

I know that strictly it doesn't matter, but lynching an active participant over someone who hasn't posted at all in the game is just stupid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

TWM03 - 3 - Royalflush(3), ljtrigirl(4), Jedit(10)
whirlingdervish - 0 - Jedit(2)

Your Moderator has chosen to use the Longest Held Last Vote method for a tiebreaker - This is just for Cassandra system, and there may be a different tiebreaker specified by your Moderator in the ruleset.

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

Jedit - 2 - whirlingdervish(2), TWM03(10)
ljtrigirl - 1 - TWM03(4)
Smugs - 1 - ljtrigirl(1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Jedit wrote:

But like a percent in either direction is largely irrelevant. Playing for a team today just seems bonkers to me.

I haven't even looked at my %s other than a glance because they just don't matter at this point in time. I could be literally anything in the roleset with basically normal chances.

I guarantee you at least 1 D1 tryhard for good is going to be evil, but even beyond that, it doesn't actually matter that much because what anyone is is totally locked.

It'd almost make more sense to just roll a die and pick someone to die today, but I'd rather reward the people that showed up early and are contributing, even if it's in ways I don't agree with, than those that haven't yet.

If we math things out and (for example) you have 0.05% higher chance of being a wolf than anyone else, that's so irrelevant that I'd want to lynch other people because you showed up and are participating, both from an optical point of view but also in a way that we can hold you accountable to tomorrow when we all have a much higher chance of knowing what you are.

What we are isn't locked though? Cvb doesn't know our roles and is keeping them secret from us, we're literally creating the game as we go. Our night actions help forge possible and impossible realities, and the impossible ones are eliminated. So if I get a Wolf hit on you tonight, but you are NKed, all the current possibilities that you were a Wolf are removed, so I can no longer be the Seer. But that's not known until CVB randomises the result of my view.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day (she/her)
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think no lynch is kind of better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smugs wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Jedit wrote:

What we are isn't locked though? Cvb doesn't know our roles and is keeping them secret from us, we're literally creating the game as we go. Our night actions help forge possible and impossible realities, and the impossible ones are eliminated. So if I get a Wolf hit on you tonight, but you are NKed, all the current possibilities that you were a Wolf are removed, so I can no longer be the Seer. But that's not known until CVB randomises the result of my view.

Not actually true. To be NKed, everyone else has to attempt to do it. But even then, this only eliminates all worlds where you are both Alive and Town because the Wolves can't kill each other. You don't actually die until all worlds where you are a Wolf are eliminated as well.

Before someone suggests it: coordinated agreement to have everyone both Seer view and NK the same person then lynch them on Day 2 is not a good idea, because it doesn't guarantee that they are not the Seer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
[vote TWM] Hi!

I lied, I'm NFing the last person to vote. On D1, that's as good a reason as any.

[vote lj]

Hopefully someone else hasn't voted... I need to check!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassandra Project wrote:
VOTE TALLY

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

ljtrigirl - 1 - TWM03(4)
Smugs - 1 - ljtrigirl(1)

Uh oh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VOTE TALLY

ljtrigirl - 2 - Smugs(1), Kortemaki(8), TWM03(11)

Not Voting: N/A

---------------------

INVERTED TALLY

Voter - # - Voted on

ljtrigirl - 1 - TWM03(4)
Smugs - 1 - ljtrigirl(1)
TWM03 - 1 - ljtrigirl(11)

Not Voting: N/A

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kortemaki wrote:

I agree. This game dawned at 10PM in my timezone. What have we had since then? Night and a time when I'm not playing WW (and neither are most other people as it's US night).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [27] |