Escape Plan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Key flip question for the lockers and closed businesses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello Mr. Lacerda,
It's a pleasure reading the rules and watching the great video by Mr. Paul Grogan.
I own all your games and love the design and artwork I can go on and on

It seems once an acquired key is used for a locker or closed business and gets flipped, there is no use for it after as it doesn't flip.back with rest or anything so it can be discarded or No?

Thanks so much for your time and commitment!
Gino

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
You can’t discarded just for the reason of timing information. You can only have one key from each Safe House, and having it does notify other players if you used that key or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
newrev wrote:
You can’t discarded just for the reason of timing information. You can only have one key from each Safe House, and having it does notify other players if you used that key or not.

For example, I saw 3 people whet for the black lockers (one with the asset tile key), I had a black and a brown key and only had time to open one. Thought, I’d have a better chance at getting a higher locker payout from Brown because of this information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Delen
Belgium
Vorselaar
flag msg tools
Another question about closed businesses;

If you use a key to unlock a closed business, does this mean you could add income cubes again to that business receiving either immediate income or end points? Or is it just an empty location where you can hide from the police but retract no more money? (Or is the income only available for the 4th player in a 4-player game who hasn't visited that location yet?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gert12555 wrote:

If you use a key to unlock a closed business, does this mean you could add income cubes again to that business receiving either immediate income or end points? Or is it just an empty location where you can hide from the police but retract no more money? (Or is the income only available for the 4th player in a 4-player game who hasn't visited that location yet?)

It would seem to be a pretty wasteful turn to use a key simply to be able to hide in a location, with no further benefit.

Since the rules state that by using a key you can visit a closed business, without giving any other restrictions, I assume that that means you perform the visit exactly as normal. Add notoriety if there are other players there, move a cube from your income track to the appropriate box in the Business display, receive income if applicable, and take a Contact card.

I just noticed you wrote "add income cubes again". If by that you meant you've already visited that business, then I've posted elsewhere that I thought that was a bit unclear in the 'Using a Key' rules, and Vital himself posted that there is no doubt (it's written in red in the rules book): You can only visit each Business once during the game. So key or no key, if you've visited once, you can't visit again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Delen
Belgium
Vorselaar
flag msg tools
TooOld4Games2 wrote:
Gert12555 wrote:

I just noticed you wrote "add income cubes again". If by that you meant you've already visited that business, then I've posted elsewhere that I thought that was a bit unclear in the 'Using a Key' rules, and Vital himself posted that there is no doubt (it's written in red in the rules book): You can only visit each Business once during the game. So key or no key, if you've visited once, you can't visit again.

So in a 4-player game, only the 1 player who hasn't visited that location will benefit of unlocking the closed business?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gert12555 wrote:
So in a 4-player game, only the 1 player who hasn't visited that location will benefit of unlocking the closed business?
In fact, only 1 player benefits in a 1-4 player game; it's only in a 5-player game that 2 players might benefit.

But as a lot of businesses end up closing, probably every player can benefit by unlocking at least one of them at some time during the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.