Dragon Dice» Forums » Rules

Subject: V4.0 Rules live rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New ruleset are up as well as new starter rules for current set and the new one on Kickstarter - http://www.dragondice.com/rules.php
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried them out yesterday with my sadly limited collection. Worked great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qwerty Cat
msg tools
We played several games with the new rules and there are a number of changes that I think help balance the use of magic and racial abilities. We like most of the new changes so far.
The new rules visually look quite nice and have separate sections for the base game and for the advanced rules, using minor terrains, items, etc... (Possitive changes for using minor terrains and items.)
There are new sheets for each of the different races. The sheets contain the spells, racial abilities and die effects that are unique to that race and are very useful reference guides.
Each modification of the rules through the years has improved the game from the original. The designers have done a really nice job in the new version.
If you haven't played in awhile this is the time to start again!
Hope to see other opinions and comments Posted soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T S
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadnt played at all and the new starter rules are nice and logical and easy to grasp, Son (13) read it, played a solo game and then taught me :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I just got this game at Gencon on Sunday. Would my rules be 4th ed or 3rd?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Speusippus wrote:
I just got this game at Gencon on Sunday. Would my rules be 4th ed or 3rd?

They may only have been giving Starter Rules out but those should be 4th.

Grab the PDF and you’re golden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Rhodes
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
I am now back home and able to check. It looks like I do _not_ have the 4.0 version of the starter rules in the box--it is greatly different, in both layout and wording, from what I find at the 4.0 starter link on their website.

I'll just treat the 4.0 version as standard as most people seem to be saying they did a good job with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Qwerty Cat
msg tools
Very good question about small info sheets included in kicker packs.

From a recent thread: Got A Starter Set and Two Kickers, Shep stated: "One other thing to note - the slip of paper in your kickers with details about those races on are not out of date - they are describing the races from V3 of the rules, when the kickers were made. Ignore the rules on those kickers and use the racial abilities listed in the V4.0 full rules."

This is an excellent point. Only the new rules version 4.0 should be used. I can imagine that this may cause confusion for people unknowingly combining old rules from kickers with the new rules. That may cause unnecessary messy brain explosions.

BTW, If I may add, The racial sheets in the new rules are excellent reference guides. (I printed my favorites out and added the page numbers to often looked up information from the rules. For example, dragon attack & breath results pg 19-20 and die roll resolution/combo rolls on pg 28-29.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.