3 Posts

World of Warcraft: The Boardgame» Forums » General

Subject: Rule Question Wing Clip (Hunter) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pascal Jeckel
msg tools
Hi
I have the german version of the game and i think there is something wrong with the translation of the Hunter level 2 spell Wing Clip.
It says:
For up to 3 Blue hit results you can put these markers to the Defense Area instead to the Damage Area.

But it feels like the Damage Area is stronger than the Defense Area damage because „blue damage“ comes first and you can prevent your character from getting damage.

Or do i missunderstand something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While the Ranged Strike Step acts first, tokens in the Defence Area reduce the damage you take in the Damage Step. So if you don't roll enough ranged damage to take out an enemy, putting the tokens in the Damage Area instead helps mitigate any wounds you would take AND deals damage to the enemy, albeit 2 steps later.

If you are attacking 2 (Green) Murlocs and roll 3 blue hits and 1 red hit, you can move 1 Blue hit to the Defence Area. That way you can kill 1 Murloc during the ranged step, then, in the Damage Step take 1 Wound (Attack 3 - 2 tokens in the Defence Area) and then move those same 2 tokens in the Defence Area into the Damage Area and kill the second Murlok during the Resolution Step. If you moved no Blue hits to the Defence Area you would still kill the first Murloc in the Ranged Step, leaving 1 token in the damage Area, but then you would suffer 2 wounds in the Damage step (Attack 3 - 1 token in the Defence Area) before moving the red hit into the Damage Area and killing that pesky second Murloc.

Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Jeckel
msg tools
Thanks for the fast reply
With your explanation i recognized that i played the game wrong (i played this game last evening for the first time).
I thought only green markers absorb damage but now i read again the rules and yeah „red damage“ also absorbs damage. Many thanks for the hint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.