Subject: Alternative technique for sliding cards under? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A. Gerald Fitzsimons
Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Great game, but it's a bit frustrating at times when a card won't slide under without the current placed card being lifted which then sometimes causes a brush to fall out of place and some cards to be dislodged, especially with children. Are there any other way of doing this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a (felt) table cloth. Works like charm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Gerald Fitzsimons
Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Wow! I just tried it. That works perfectly! Thank you That will make the game so much more relaxing to play. I will used clothes from now on.

In trying that I accidentally discovered another way. On a regular table if you leave the cards 0.5cm off the edge of the table, you can slide them in from the end of the cards, even if you hold down firmly on the placed cards.

One of these tips should be in the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Huynh
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just build my tableau on the left side of the player board, just place new cards on top of old ones. you just ignore the elements that are upside down on the left side of the card.

Much easier than sliding cards under.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geroid wrote:
Wow! I just tried it. That works perfectly! Thank you That will make the game so much more relaxing to play. I will used clothes from now on.

For a long time, I was firmly in the "I have a nice wooden table, no need to hide it" camp. Once a friend gifted the felt table cloth to me, I was immediately convinced. I now use it for every game night (uniform background, creating a "game night" setting, reduces/softens noises from dropped game components,...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Gerald Fitzsimons
Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I seen a foldable pool table the other day and I was very tempted to buy it to use it as a board game table, side pockets as drink holders.

I will have to look for a felt table cloth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.