Infinity» Forums » General

Subject: GameNerdz Army Pack Deal of the Day rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean G
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
I've been looking at getting into Infinity and noticed one of the army packs is the Deal of the Day over at GameNerdz. Is this a good starter/introduction to the game? It looks like it comes with enough minis to fill a roster as well as the rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenthain wrote:
I've been looking at getting into Infinity and noticed one of the army packs is the Deal of the Day over at GameNerdz. Is this a good starter/introduction to the game? It looks like it comes with enough minis to fill a roster as well as the rule book?

It's a good deal, but you'll need to find someone with their own faction to play against, or purchase additional products for another faction. You might want to look at the 2-player starter sets if you would like a complete game in a single box (Operation Icestorm, Red Veil or the upcoming Coldfront).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ville E
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zenthain wrote:

You can get the rules for Infinity for free from Corvus Belli website. Yes, 100% free pdf, everything included. If you're interested in the fluff (which is great), you can pay for the books...

Now that being said, the IMO the best "starter" would be to find a friend / acquaintance who you can split one of the operation boxes with (like the 1st reply suggested).
If it is feasible, the best introduction would be to find a FLGS, where a more experienced player could show you the basics. IMO it can get quite complex compared to, say, WH40K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenthain wrote:

Just a clarification - it comes with the Quick Start Rules. You can download the full rules for free (without the background fluff) from the Infinity Site, or buy the N3 books (which are nice).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean G
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies and clarifications. Ended up passing on it and will look into the 2-player starter sets instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenthain wrote:
Thanks for the replies and clarifications. Ended up passing on it and will look into the 2-player starter sets instead.

I did notice their pricing on the two starter sets and corresponding booster packs is pretty darn good, with the former at ~$67 and the later at ~$35. With free s/h at $75 that's a great way to jump in, or just the starter and another smaller pack that catches your eye.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenthain wrote:

I got the Operation Icestorm 2 player set and the Beyond Icestorm pack with 3 more minis for each side of Nomads and PanO.

I got that one because my buddy got Operation Red Veil and Beyond Red Veil pack. So he's got Yu Jing and Haqqislam forces from that set but has more of each from other purchases.

We're finally going to get a couple games in tomorrow, with his Yu Jing vs my Nomads.

There'sanother 2 player set called Operation Coldfront, that can be preordered now. It has Ariadna forces vs Aleph.

So before you order a 2 player set, maybe do some research to see which of those sets have factions in them that you would be interested in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.