Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Brass: Birmingham» Forums » Rules

Subject: Uttoxeter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Got my kickstarter today! In the rulebook it says blue and teal cards are out in 2 player and only teal at 3 players. However there are two uttoxeter blue card and one of them says 3-4 and the other only 4, was wondering if it was intentional or not, thanks
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt tolman
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
How you view the world says nothing about the world, and everything about you.
badge
I had a fox instead of a teddy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
couteaupapillon wrote:
Got my kickstarter today! In the rulebook it says blue and teal cards are out in 2 player and only teal at 3 players. However there are two uttoxeter blue card and one of them says 3-4 and the other only 4, was wondering if it was intentional or not, thanks


It's intentional.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Thank you, the game look and feel awesome, can't wait to give it a spin, well done!
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar

Since the query has been answered, here's a good place to add this.....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/Uttoxete...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
philippe lachance
Canada
montreal
quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

Since the query has been answered, here's a good place to add this.....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b7/Uttoxete...


I would have totally messed that up, thanks James!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter B
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Somebody should make a pronunciation playlist of all the locations in Brass: Birmingham
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
datiswous wrote:
Somebody should make a pronunciation playlist of all the locations in Brass: Birmingham


It would be easy for me to capture authentic pronounciations on a smartphone. But is it possible to upload the sound files on BGG?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
And like that... he's gone
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:


It would be easy for me to capture authentic pronounciations on a smartphone. But is it possible to upload the sound files on BGG?



I would guess you could upload the audio file under the files section of the board game entry? I've never tried to upload an audio file before.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fiomtec
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
Watcha looking at?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or in a youtube video, like this:

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar

It would be useful to be able to record a short (say 5 second), audio sample, upload it into a thread and assign a suitable label to it. Thus, the clickable word "Uttoxeter" would sound its pronunciation.

It shouldn't be necessary to use a third party service like YouTube, especially as they won't necessarily have the pronunciation you want.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.