Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Skylands» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Kickstarter coming Aug. 24, 2018 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Skylands will be an Essen release from Queen Games. For those who can't go to Essen, we will be running a Kickstarter where you can order our Essen releases and have them delivered concurrently with the show.

The Kickstarter will launch on August 24, 2018. Franchise will also be a part of the project.

EDIT: The KS is not live

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1082720051/queen-games-...
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS is up. It comes with five Queenies. The game's description here on BGG says it will come with three Queenies.

Am I correct in assuming that the normal retail version of the game will not actually come with any Queenies, but they will be available separately?

I can't tell offhand whether any of the Queenies are implementing buildings from the expansion, The King of Frontier: More Buildings!,

Just trying to gauge the value of backing the KS and paying shipping and getting it sooner versus waiting for it to enter normal retail.

(Apologies in advance if this same question comes up every time they put another batch of games up on KS)

-Dave
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
etherton wrote:
The KS is up. It comes with five Queenies. The game's description here on BGG says it will come with three Queenies.

Am I correct in assuming that the normal retail version of the game will not actually come with any Queenies, but they will be available separately?

I can't tell offhand whether any of the Queenies are implementing buildings from the expansion, The King of Frontier: More Buildings!,

Just trying to gauge the value of backing the KS and paying shipping and getting it sooner versus waiting for it to enter normal retail.

(Apologies in advance if this same question comes up every time they put another batch of games up on KS)

-Dave

Dave, yes, we were able to develop some extra special buildings for the game. The retail release will not come with the Queenies, but we do plan on selling them later. The Queenies are excellent additions for hobby gamers, but may not be as attractive for those that play more family weight games.

Please note that for those in North America especially that the game may not be in normal retail until Q3 2019.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the quick reply!

Do you happen to know if any elements from the King of Frontier expansion made it into either the normal retail game or any of the Queenies?

-Dave
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter coming Aug. 24, 2018 (Now Live)
etherton wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply!

Do you happen to know if any elements from the King of Frontier expansion made it into either the normal retail game or any of the Queenies?

-Dave

To my knowledge, no they were not. Queen Games strives to be as language independent as possible, while King of Frontier was not. There was not a way to easily convey what the special buildings did in the expansion without text on the card or constant reference to a reference sheet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Kickstarter coming Aug. 24, 2018 (Now Live)
Any chance of posting the rules to any of the new games before the KS ends?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter coming Aug. 24, 2018 (Now Live)
tool wrote:
Any chance of posting the rules to any of the new games before the KS ends?

Yes, they will be posted. We are doing final editing and graphics layout, then we can submit them to BGG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter coming Aug. 24, 2018 (Now Live)
KissellMissile wrote:
tool wrote:
Any chance of posting the rules to any of the new games before the KS ends?

Yes, they will be posted. We are doing final editing and graphics layout, then we can submit them to BGG.

I have played Kingdom of Frontier a few times. Great quick game.

What are the differences between the two games besides the graphics overhaul and theme?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kissell
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Kickstarter coming Aug. 24, 2018 (Now Live)
ScottC1s wrote:
KissellMissile wrote:
tool wrote:
Any chance of posting the rules to any of the new games before the KS ends?

Yes, they will be posted. We are doing final editing and graphics layout, then we can submit them to BGG.

I have played Kingdom of Frontier a few times. Great quick game.

What are the differences between the two games besides the graphics overhaul and theme?

I have not, so I am solely answering on my memory of the rulebook for KOF and some comments from people who have played. Skylands forces you to take a different action on your turn than what you played last time. Some of the special buildings are different, and there are more "basic" tiles you can buy (in case you are looking for one specific tile). Besides that, I am not sure if there are any other rule changes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Re: Kickstarter coming Aug. 24, 2018 (Now Live)
KissellMissile wrote:
tool wrote:
Any chance of posting the rules to any of the new games before the KS ends?

Yes, they will be posted. We are doing final editing and graphics layout, then we can submit them to BGG.

Any update on the rules?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls