Subject: Hostages and Placing Objective Tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Lund
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I know this was addressed in another thread, but I wanted to make very certain that I am understanding how to do this correctly.

1. In Mission Setup, Rulebook pg 10, Item 7: "Take the type and number of Objective Tokens shown for your chosen difficulty level, and place them face down in a pile, ready to be placed."

2. Then, on pg 11, Item 9: "Starting with the '1' Token and continuing in ascending numerical order, replace the Objective Location Tokens in numerical order first with Hostages, then with face-down Objective Tokens..."

The "Hostages" referenced in Item 9 are specifically any Hostage Standees specified in the Mission Special Conditions. For example, in Mission 5B, you will end up putting the Hostage Standee where Objective Location Token 1 was. There will not be a face-down Hostage Objective Token.

I am fairly certain that I have this down now. Am I correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thomas
United States
Findlay
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. When the setup instructions specifically cite hostage standees, they replace an objective token. Otherwise there will be hostages "somewhere."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SEAL Team Flix Team
msg tools
SEAL Team Flix Official Account
badge
Let me clarify:

If the special conditions do not instruct you to use standies, then you place tokens face down. They are replaced with hostage standies only when LOS between a SEAL’s final position after a move and their objective token occurs.

If the special conditions tell you standie hostages are in play upon setup, when using the numbered tokens, after flipping them up, but before placing objective tokens, place the hostages on 1, then 2, then 3, and so on, until you have placed those that need to be, then for the rest of the numbered tokens, place the remaining objective tokens in the same ascending order.

Does that answer your question?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Lund
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Yes, thanks! I think you explained it better in this comment than it is in the rule book. (Not a criticism, I understand the difficulties involved in creating rules / explanation documents!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.