Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played a 4 player game of Scythe, and had what could be the best single turn ever.

Power at 13.
Popularity at 16.
3 out of 4 buildings out.

With a bolster action, I was able to increase power to 16 (due to a previous upgrade) and increase popularity to 18 (due to the monument already being out). By taking the build half of that action, I put my last building out and increased popularity to 18 (due to a previous enlist).

This scored me 3 stars with just one turn!

Is that essentially the best turn ever (in terms of max stars in a turn)? Or is it possible to get 4 in one turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bowker
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's quite a combination of events. Hopefully you won the game.

Hypothetically, it could be possible to score more stars in a turn. Move with winning two combats (3 if using Saxony) without opposing workers, followed by building your last building, earning the popularity star with the enlistment. Is it likely? No, but it is possible. And if you want to throw an extra one in there for good measure, you could complete an objective card too for all six in a single turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Knudsen
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 ESV
badge
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23 ESV
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a pretty good turn!

It looks like people have been able to place 6 stars on a turn, according to this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1611763/most-stars-turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epicgamer wrote:
That's a pretty good turn!

It looks like people have been able to place 6 stars on a turn, according to this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1611763/most-stars-turn.

Thanks for that link. Great read!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.