Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ewan Anderson
United Kingdom
Ipswich
Suffolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, are hero abilities global? The undead have a hero, who's level one ability forces the opponent to lose +1 strength worth of units more, when a warrior wins a battle.

Is this ability only where the hero is present, or is it across the whole board?

To contrast it, the humans have a Paladin, who gets boosted when serfs accompany him.

Is the Undead hero's ability global, and the humans local?

Also spells.

Is the only time you can cast combat spells during a battle, and then are you limited to only playing one?

Are you limited as to how many interrupt spells you can play?

Also clarification on undead ability. Say your opponent has ten strength of units - this is halved to 5, then +1 to 6 with the aforementioned ability? So he takes 6 strength of loss?

(My bad! Have just seen this is the necropolis building ability, not hero ability - so it is global!)
(Hero abilities are on the cards!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Elliker
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Arcturus2006 wrote:
Hi there, are hero abilities global? The undead have a hero, who's level one ability forces the opponent to lose +1 strength worth of units more, when a warrior wins a battle. Is this ability only where the hero is present, or is it across the whole board?
To contrast it, the humans have a Paladin, who gets boosted when serfs accompany him. Is the Undead hero's ability global, and the humans local?

Also spells.
Is the only time you can cast combat spells during a battle, and then are you limited to only playing one?
Are you limited as to how many interrupt spells you can play?

Also clarification on undead ability. Say your opponent has ten strength of units - this is halved to 5, then +1 to 6 with the aforementioned ability? So he takes 6 strength of loss?
(My bad! Have just seen this is the necropolis building ability, not hero ability - so it is global!)
(Hero abilities are on the cards!)

As far as I know, unless otherwise noted, hero abilities only count where their figure is (or adjacent spaces in some cases). Because they are abilities of the hero and not the faction. Whereas abilities on the faction board count for the whole faction.

Spells are limited as indicated by the rules, i.e. combat spells only during combat and only 1 per side, interrupt are unlimited (kinda) and cast spells one per cast action.

Concerning the undead ability, yes, I cannot see it working any differently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.