Subject: What to expect for solo play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible to know a bit more about the solo gameplay of the second edition?

If I'm not mistaken, Ricky Royal's variant will be modified to some extent. Does this mean that Shere Khan will be less random (dependent on the die roll)?

I would appreciate some info which I will then pass on to my fellow 1PGers, so we can decide whether this Kickstarter is for us or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
Is it possible to know a bit more about the solo gameplay of the second edition?

If I'm not mistaken, Ricky Royal's variant will be modified to some extent. Does this mean that Shere Khan will be less random (dependent on the die roll)?

I would appreciate some info which I will then pass on to my fellow 1PGers, so we can decide whether this Kickstarter is for us or not.

Right now I'm in what I think will prove to be the final stages of the game's development. As soon as that is locked down, the solo game will be revisited. My initial plan is to ask Ricky Royal to revisit his variant, but it's looking like I will have extra cards within budget so some other mechanical options are possible.

I'll be writing more about the solo design towards the end of August when I have a little time to spend on that.

I will say now though that Pax Pamir is not designed primarily as a solo game, and the solo mode will likely provide a fundamentally different experience from the standard game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Athena Ex
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:

Right now I'm in what I think will prove to be the final stages of the game's development. As soon as that is locked down, the solo game will be revisited. My initial plan is to ask Ricky Royal to revisit his variant, but it's looking like I will have extra cards within budget so some other mechanical options are possible.

I'll be writing more about the solo design towards the end of August when I have a little time to spend on that.

I will say now though that Pax Pamir is not designed primarily as a solo game, and the solo mode will likely provide a fundamentally different experience from the standard game.

Many thanks for the reply. You have made the new edition so visually stunning, that it pains me to think that the solo experience won't be fulfilling.

I understand that the interaction with a live opponent is something that can't be replicated. If there is an automa-style bot, however (let's say a more strategic Shere Khan), it may be worth the solo player's attention.

Please do post the details when you have them ready, and I wish you the best with your plans!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
omega_player wrote:
Cole Wehrle wrote:

Many thanks for the reply. You have made the new edition so visually stunning, that it pains me to think that the solo experience won't be fulfilling.

I understand that the interaction with a live opponent is something that can't be replicated. If there is an automa-style bot, however (let's say a more strategic Shere Khan), it may be worth the solo player's attention.

Please do post the details when you have them ready, and I wish you the best with your plans!

My hope would be to create some sort of not play, ideally that could be deployed in two player games as well. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
Cole Wehrle wrote:

Having a fundamentally different experience for solo play sounds great! Two games in the box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.