Glorantha: The Gods War» Forums » General

Subject: Petersen Games production diary rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Lox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This has a focus on TGW and I figured folks might be interested.

https://petersengames.com/arthurs-production-diary/

I certainly don’t disagree with the sentiment that it’s better to delay and have the game turn out as well as it can than to cut corners and release a bad game that stays bad forever. I’m hopeful the end product will be an awesome game and I will certainly reserve my judgement regarding the delays until I’ve had some time with the finished product. Always nice to hear from PG either way and I look forward to future production diary content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
It goes to a blank page. It have been deleted or it is a bad link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In memory of Tara, my beloved Wolfhound-Deerhound cross. Flew away Feb 2016, still missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
vica8081 wrote:
It goes to a blank page. It have been deleted or it is a bad link?

I assume its because of the redirection for EU viewers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
Pure mathematics is the world's best game. It is more absorbing than chess, more of a gamble than poker, and lasts longer than Monopoly. It's free. It can be played anywhere - Archimedes did it in a bathtub
mbmbmbmbmb
So no way for me to read it? I dont undertand why something can be read on the US and not in the UEshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vica8081 wrote:
So no way for me to read it?

Don't worry.

Quote:
I dont undertand why something can be read on the US and not in the UE

Technically, the answer is that websites aren't the simple "here's the stuff, render it" that I'm old enough to remember, they can and do run all sorts of code that can do pretty much anything. And making a guess at where you are is possible - though not always correct - and then redirecting you based on that is one of those things that code can do.

But if your question is why do that, there of course I can't answer. My guess is that someone put stuff in so that there could be different answers for shipping questions, but did it badly. But that's just a guess.

But of course as I indicated, errors can be made, or in other words there are ways to fool it. But actually I didn't need to try any of those (except the one I tried and failed with). The Wayback Machine is your friend, when it covers the site, and by chance (?) it has this one archived. At least Part 1 (is there a Part 2 yet?). Here's the direct link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180728201119/petersengames.com...

Edit: You may have to cut and paste that as the link fools the intelligence here, even in URL tags (which I just removed as they didn't work).

Edit2: Edited link according to advice received. Should work directly now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vic R
Spain
Tomares (Seville)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dearlove wrote:
vica8081 wrote:
So no way for me to read it?

Don't worry.

Quote:
I dont undertand why something can be read on the US and not in the UE

Technically, the answer is that websites aren't the simple "here's the stuff, render it" that I'm old enough to remember, they can and do run all sorts of code that can do pretty much anything. And making a guess at where you are is possible - though not always correct - and then redirecting you based on that is one of those things that code can do.

But if your question is why do that, there of course I can't answer. My guess is that someone put stuff in so that there could be different answers for shipping questions, but did it badly. But that's just a guess.

But of course as I indicated, errors can be made, or in other words there are ways to fool it. But actually I didn't need to try any of those (except the one I tried and failed with). The Wayback Machine is your friend, when it covers the site, and by chance (?) it has this one archived. At least Part 1 (is there a Part 2 yet?). Here's the direct link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20180728201119/http://petersengames.com/2018/07/26/making-games-for-a-kickstarter-campaign-part-1/

Edit: You may have to cut and paste that as the link fools the intelligence here, even in URL tags (which I just removed as they didn't work).

Thankskiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good grief.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.