Root» Forums » General

Subject: Component List? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frankie West
United States
California
flag msg tools
Tried searching for this and I might have missed it somewhere.

Wondering if there is a component list to make sure everything is complete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris W
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Closest I've seen is the components listed on the back of each faction board. Then add 54 cards, 4 overview cards, a walkthrough sheet, 2 dice, and the board. And the 2 rule books.

Expansion: listed on back of faction boards plus the card holders (5 I think?), rules, 4 spy cards, and 2 overview cards (I'm not sure if second vagabond gets a walkthrough card).

I think that's it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankie West
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bogart
msg tools
Did everybody get 2 or 3 punch boards in the base game box? I got 3 punch boards and I think one of them is a duplicate. It was the one with the vagabond tokens and items.

Not complaining about extras just in case! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dennett
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Always play to win, don't care if you lose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Typhest wrote:
Did everybody get 2 or 3 punch boards in the base game box? I got 3 punch boards and I think one of them is a duplicate. It was the one with the vagabond tokens and items.

Not complaining about extras just in case! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.
I only had 2, so you're likely OK (or I'm in trouble too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of The Riverfolk had two Riverfolk boards and no Vagabond board. I've filed a replacement request, but in the mean time I'm wondering if the second Vagabond board looks just like the first, or if it has a different color background?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bogart
msg tools
My riverfolk copy had one board total that included the expansion races and the second vagabond pieces were also on it. I just had a duplicate board packed in my base game box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lind
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this the same factory that did Gloomhaven?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
Santiago wrote:
My copy of The Riverfolk had two Riverfolk boards and no Vagabond board. I've filed a replacement request, but in the mean time I'm wondering if the second Vagabond board looks just like the first, or if it has a different color background?

There is a slight variation of the background color and a different setup priority number. So, until we send out a replacement, a photocopy will suffice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cole Wehrle
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation"
mbmbmbmbmb
My day has gotten away from me and so I don't think I'll be able to do anything too formal before I leave for Gencon. Here's just a quick count:

Base Box:
2 Dice
4 Player Boards for each faction (Marquise, Eyrie, Alliance, Vagabond)
2 Counter Sheets
1 Mounted Board (6-panel)
Buncha Meeples (25 Marquise, 20 Eyrie, 10 Alliance, 1 Vagabond).

The game deck has 54 cards. The Eyrie should have 4 leaders and 2 Viziers. The Vagabond Quest Deck has 15 cards. There are 3 vagabond variants. Each faction also has 4 overview cards and a walk-through card.

Expansion:
4 Player Boards (Vagabond #2, Mechanical Marquise, Lizard, Otter)
Buncha Meeples (25 Lizards, 15 Otter, 1 Vagabond)
9 Cards (4 spies, 3 vagabond variants, 2 faction overview cards)
5 card holders.
1 Counter Sheet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fried
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My set has 4 identical overview cards for each faction. Is that the intention or are there 4 different overview cards (ie covering difffenr aspects) for each faction?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The base box is meant to have four overview cards for each faction, so all players can get one. It’s meant for new players to understand what their opponents are trying to do and to give a brief idea of how to stop them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Goertz
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
NA NA NA NA . . .
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised the Overview cards in the expansion didn't have the same back image as the base Overview cards.

Also no Walkthrough cards for the new factions I get the expectation is to be familiar with the gameplay before adding in the expansion factions but being able to hand some else a card to do their setup while I get the rest of the game together is very useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BenJazz wrote:
I was surprised the Overview cards in the expansion didn't have the same back image as the base Overview cards.

Also no Walkthrough cards for the new factions I get the expectation is to be familiar with the gameplay before adding in the expansion factions but being able to hand some else a card to do their setup while I get the rest of the game together is very useful.

The text covers both sides, so I'm not sure how you imagine the overview card being laid out otherwise unless you think the text on the card is also unnecessarily exhaustive.

For the walk-through, when you hand players the player boards isn't that the same thing as giving them a little card? I guess those cards remove a few choices, but that's mostly to set up the canned two-turn walk-through, and you'd need a whole new one to include the two new factions and that's going to control your first two turns, not just help you get the game together. If the problem is it being on the back of the board, I'd just copy everyone's setup onto an index card--I did this because I want to be able to offer players the opportunity to reset and to a full normal game after the 2-turn walk-through like I've done in other games I teach with a modified practice round and having to clear their nicely prepared player boards just to read what needs to be changed would make this unreasonably tedious.

There's a lot to read while you get the game together--the play overview, the component overview, the faction setup, and even other players' overview cards. A little 5 line canned setup text isn't going to buy you much time especially since faction setup is almost all of the setup--there's just a couple tokens to place and a deck to shuffle otherwise, and if you do a canned draw like the walk-through cards have currently you can't shuffle the deck until you've separated those canned draws out anyway. (Also the Riverfolk have the simplest setup, involving no choices for a walk-through to simplify.)

I will say I wish there were at least two copies of the overview cards for the new factions instead of just one. I'm find not having 6 of each overview card and even not having the base game's four of each, but only one makes them a bit hard to spread around a 4+ game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.