Hide
4 Posts

Crokinole» Forums » General

Subject: Jumping in the deep end rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Goodwin
msg tools
I stumbled on Crokinole while casually surfing the web and was instantly attracted to it. After a bit of research, I ended up ordering a Muzzies board which is due for delivery in late August.

I also discovered the Turtle Island event on Aug 4, and even though it's a bit of a haul from Vermont, I am heading over there next Friday to attend the event. I'm also picking up a board there from Jeremy Tracey, who has apparently been working with Willard on board manufacturing. Hopefully that will be as close to a Willard board as I'll ever get now.

With the two boards, I've also applied to host a session at the New England Carnage board game convention in Killington, VT in November. We'll see if they accept my session. Even if they don't, I'll be planning to take at least one board with me for pickup games.

Anyhow, looking forward to my first games next weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Canada
Niagara Region
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard! See you in Lewiston on Saturday, Dave. The hospitality of Dale Henry and the gang in Lewiston is outstanding! Breakfast, lunch, and, of course, break for strawberry shortcake! All the NCA tournaments are great, but Turtle Island goes the extra mile.

I played Tracy's boards at our last Niagara ON club night, and they're very good. You won't be disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude. You did jump in the deep end! I spent two years researching boards before I got my dad to get me a muzzies as a gift (NO REGRETS)

WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION!

You’ve already made some excellent choices!

The next thing I’d encourage is to get a local Crokinole geoup/scene started ... i am a hosting organizer for a board game meetup group in my area ... I used that connection to start a Crokinole-only meetup group and tournament league- which has been going pretty well! I’ve been fostering and encouraging more deadicated Crokinole players in my area!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Goodwin
msg tools
Thanks for the welcome!

Yep, my goal is to get a group going here in Vermont. If the organizers accept my Carnage session, that will be potential exposure to a very large number of board gamers. I'm hoping that pans out. I'm also friends with a fellow who owns a Toy Shop and I'm going to see about some demo days there too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.