7 Posts

Monopoly» Forums » Variants

Subject: Monopoly Mash-Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
scatrmind
United States
flag msg tools

I know...I know...Just what this community wants: another Monopoly variant. I went to the trouble of documenting this for my kids; so, I figured I'd share...

This Monopoly Mash-Up combines elements from several sources to yield a play-tested version of Monopoly that is entertaining for aggressive players and doesn't consume gobs of time. To judge whether this version is for you, scroll down to the F.A.Q. section of <<<THIS GUIDE>>> to see the reasoning behind certain rule changes. Also note that significant rule changes are highlighted in light gray throughout the guide for your convenience.

Click <<<HERE>>> for the download page of the property space labels and title deed labels needed to play Monopoly Mash-Up. Also included in that download is the .docx source file of the Monopoly Mash-Up rules so you can alter the rules based on your preferences.

This mash-up should not be confused with the "ultimate mash-up" by Jonizaak titled Ultimate Monopoly. Also note that the Monopoly Mash-Up logo is adapted from the Ultimate Monopoly logo by Jonizaak (see ARTWORK and REFERENCES within the guide), which he adapted from a Hasbro Monopoly logo. Many thanks to Jonizaak for being such a great inspiration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
SEKRIT MESSAGE SSSHHHHHHHHH
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job! I haven't read 100% of the rules but I'm intrigued. I'm currently working on my own variant using some of Jonizaak's ideas, Mega, and things I recently found in a YouTube video. I might need to steal a few things from you too! 😊

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scatrmind
United States
flag msg tools
Thank you, Septyn. I am looking forward to seeing your variant. Please post a link to it here when you publish it so I receive a notification. Can you post a link to the YouTube video you found? Perhaps the video has something I can game-test with my kids. Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the video:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
scatrmind
United States
flag msg tools
Thank you for posting the video, Septyn. Specifically which rules from the video do you plan to adopt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm taking the deal 2 properties and pay for them, the no mortgaging, and the no Chance/CC cards ideas. I replaced the card spaces with Mega properties instead of turning them into dead spaces. I also will have one bankruptcy as one of the end conditions and a version of the cash on hand idea. I like the Vickary auction instead of throwing cash down so that's one I stole from you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I threw my board-in-progress up on DeviantArt if anyone's interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.