Subject: Proxy to Neutral... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m not totally clear with the rules when a Proxy VS containing IP SP (friendly or rival) reverts to Neutral.

Rules are clear about liberating conquered VS. But what happens when a Proxy containing IP troops reverts to Neutral thanks to an Emissary or Persian Persuasion action ?

"Emissary" card says that IP SP in VS Capital are transferred to their home capital. But what is the fate of (friendly and rival) SP in other VS cities?
Do “8.4 Liberation” rules apply in this case?

Persian Persuasion” says that Rival SP in VS Capital must leave Persia, but that other SP MAY leave Persia and that Persian SP are removed.
If they leave, what is the status of British SP in Persia.
Do they become invaders in the next round?
And if they stay, is Russia immediately considered the invader?

Another question:
7.2 All countries in an IP's camp are friendly to each other and rival to all countries in the opponents IP camp.
10.3 IP SP cannot march into any space that contains rival IP SP.

I suppose that proxy VS SP do not count as rival IP SP?

i.e. Afghanistan is a Russian Proxy, but there are no Russian SP in Kabul, only Afghan ones. Are British SP allowed to march into Kabul and conquer Afghanistan if they capture the city?

Pax Pamir is one of my favorite games, and I was eagerly waiting for this one to come. Different systems, but both provide us with fascinating stories. Thank you John…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorkowski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
"Emissary" card says that IP SP in VS Capital are transferred to their home capital. But what is the fate of (friendly and rival) SP in other VS cities?
Do “8.4 Liberation” rules apply in this case?

Yes, the other SP must exit by the end of their next move or they are invaders. If I remember correctly, 8.4 describes that process.

If they leave, what is the status of British SP in Persia.
Do they become invaders in the next round?
And if they stay, is Russia immediately considered the invader?

The Persian case is a bit different. The Brits could remain and would not be invaders (they actually did this in the real Great Game). If the Brits stay, that does not make Russian an invader. If they Brits stay, they just get possession of the spaces the sit on; and they will become an invader if they enter new spaces.

I suppose that proxy VS SP do not count as rival IP SP?

Correct, the British for example could attack Russia-aligned Afghan SP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Aradan
France
ASSAS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, 8.4 describes that process.
Right, but it is located in a chapter dedicated to "Conquered" VS, and I was not sure that the same process could apply to diplomatic actions.

If the Brits stay, that does not make Russian an invader. ???
Do you mean if the Russians stay?
So both powers may stay in Persia (except in Teheran), without being qualified as invaders if they do not enter new spaces?

If they Brits stay, they just get possession of the spaces the sit on; and they will become an invader if they enter new spaces.
Okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorkowski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
If the Brits stay, that does not make Russian an invader. ???
Do you mean if the Russians stay?
So both powers may stay in Persia (except in Teheran), without being qualified as invaders if they do not enter new spaces?

If the Russians stay then they will be the invader. The Brits - who played the card - can stay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.