Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiktor Szafranowicz
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okey, another issue I want to brainstorm with you!

In our last game my group agreed, that some promotional cards are very strong. I played Samuel the Snake, which made it hard to get enough food to feed all pawns, a friend of mine got Behemoth and scored tons of points from guils. It was her only feudum, so she didn't need to worry about the military track... They all seem stronger than the base game cards. Thoughts? :>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Warr
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yavi wrote:

In our last game my group agreed, that some promotional cards are very strong. I played Samuel the Snake, which made it hard to get enough food to feed all pawns, a friend of mine got Behemoth and scored tons of points from guils. It was her only feudum, so she didn't need to worry about the military track... They all seem stronger than the base game cards. Thoughts? :>

I've not actually played any (they've been in the deck, but Royal Writs often get overlooked) so I can't say how strong they are in practice. Having 1 action fewer for the rest of the game is a major cost though. I guess played later in the game they're stronger?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiktor Szafranowicz
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
poptasticboy wrote:
Yavi wrote:

I've not actually played any (they've been in the deck, but Royal Writs often get overlooked) so I can't say how strong they are in practice. Having 1 action fewer for the rest of the game is a major cost though. I guess played later in the game they're stronger?

We found them powerful while played early. Minus one action hurts, but forces opponents to focus more on getting food (Samuel the Snake) or grants some nice points from guilds (Behemoth). I think we're going to play the next game only with base cards and check how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.