Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Leander
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Victory Point Games sells 5 expansions for the base game. It also lists each previous expansion as a prerequisite for given expansion. Is that strictly true?

So if I want to add arquebuses to the game I need to buy 3 expansions? (Strange Ordnance, Hell's Horsemen, and Elephants At War).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dietCokeAddict77 wrote:
Victory Point Games sells 5 expansions for the base game. It also lists each previous expansion as a prerequisite for given expansion. Is that strictly true?

So if I want to add arquebuses to the game I need to buy 3 expansions? (Strange Ordnance, Hell's Horsemen, and Elephants At War).

You likely won't have all of the bits for some of the scenarios if you don't get the previous expansions. I never bought #3, but Elephants come in expansion #1, and there's at least one scenario in Expansion 2 that uses them.

If you just want to build your own scenarios, my guess is you can just get the arquebuses and skip the previous expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McGinnis
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have all the expansions. I do not have them at hand but if I remember correctly I ended up with WAY too many counters at the end. For example, there are light infantry, medium infantry and heavy infantry in many of the expansions which is what you get in the base game. So if you get Elephants at War you will have almost twice as many infantry units than you started off with. Basically you do not need any of the previous expansions except for the fact that they have scenarios which sometimes contain other expansions. For example, there elephants in some of the scenarios from Strange Ordinance but the rules for elephants may not be included. Same things with some of the calvary from Hell's Horseman and there may be gunners in some scenarios from expansions other than Strange ordinance.

In short they are not prerequisites in the way that you need them to play but they definitely are needed if you want to play all the scenarios in each expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.