Subject: Variable paint job on my set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

The gold pieces in my set have varying colour. Do you think that will be a problem with certain pieces becoming recognizable? Should I repaint them so they are all even?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

- EDIT -

I contacted GMT to chat about this. They said they did not have a lot of extra pieces for replacement but might be able to replace a few to make things look more even. I appreciated their customer service.

I decided to spray paint them all myself. They turned out great and I am pleased with the final result. It’s a beautiful game and not really a big deal to fix.

Thanks for the discussion, all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I repainted my gold blocks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff K
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I've noticed this too. I'm not sure it is enough to distinguish them, at least, I haven't noticed it yet.

Not all wood grain takes paint the same degree. The natural variation of the wood grain, spacing, direction, etc will cause them all to soak up paint to a different degree. You could hit them with more spray, as noted.

Personally, I would have preferred the yellow in the rulebook illustrations, but I solve that by mostly playing on Yucata!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J o d y
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
i guess it would depend on how often you play the game or if try to trade it later. if you just play it 3-5 times, nobody will probably remember what's-what.. but ya, that is pretty different.

are the other three sides of each block any better? 'cuz if you can get the tops and the'backsides' all to match, then it isn't such a big deal.

wouldn't hurt to try asking about replacements before you try your hand at painting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had exactly this problem, although I didn't have as many inconsistent blocks as you have. GMT replaced them. I'm all set now. Contact them.

Here is the post with my pictures:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1647671/color-inconsistency...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Larson
United States
Hartland
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Dilbert Shrugged...
badge
I love the smell of burning bits in the morning!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received two latest P500 copies that I've set aside as Xmas gifts. This thread has me concerned as I haven't opened them.

Does anyone know if it's a widely seen problem?

Dale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This would make me crazy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jaK
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Same problem here.
Sent an email at GMT asking for replacements, no answer yet ... guess I 'll get the same reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
replicant wrote:
Same problem here.
Sent an email at GMT asking for replacements, no answer yet ... guess I 'll get the same reply.

I have heard that people get faster response time when you use the "chat live" thing on their web site. Check out the upper right-hand corner:

https://www.gmtgames.com/

I always used their online form:
https://www.gmtgames.com/t-contact.aspx

But it has been a while since I needed anything from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.