Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Transformers Trading Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Wave 1 Card list rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wave 1 is set to release with a 121 card base set along with 4 unique starter character cards and 4 promo cards ( 2 character and 2 battle ). The convention promo pack is available in limited quantities at Gencon 2018 and then available at Hasbros' website starting on 8/13. The starter set will be available in limited quantities at Gencon ahead of the full wave 1 retail release on September 28th.


Convention Promo Pack

Slipstream // Strategic Seeker
CliffJumper // Renegade Warrior
Tandem Targeting System
All Out Attack

4 Unique Starter Characters

Optimus Prime // Autobot Leader
Bumblebee // Brave Warrior
Ironhide // Veteran Autobot
Red Alert // Security Chief

Wave 1 Base Set

40 Character Cards

Super Rare

Bumblebee // Legendary Warrior
Nemesis Prime // Dark Clone

Rare

Arcee // Skilled Fighter
Autobot Cosmos // Recon & Communication
Chromia // Special Ops
Darkmount // Cruel Overlord
Decepticon Shockwave // Cybertron Commander
Grimlock // Dinobot Leader
Insecticon Skrapnel // Insecticon Leader
Megatron // Living Weapon
Optimus Prime // Battlefield Legend
Sunstorm // Fusion Flyer

Uncommon

Autobot Jazz // Special Ops
Autobot Mirage // Lone Wolf
Chop Shop // Sneaky Insecticon
Deadlock // Bounty Hunter
Demolisher // Devoted Decepticon
Dinobot Sludge // Mighty Stomper
Dinobot Snarl // Desert Warrior
Inferno // Fearless Firefighter
Jetfire // Air Guardian
Kickback // Cunning Insecticon
Prowl // Military Strategist
Ransack // Insecticon Commando
Skywarp // Sneaky Prankster
Starscream // Air Commander
Thundercracker // Mach Warrior
Wheeljack // Weapons Inventor

Common

Autobot Hound // Long-Range Scout
Barrage // Merciless Insecticon
Bombshell // Insecticon Mind-Controller
Bumblebee // Courageous Scout
Dinobot Slug // Hot-Headed Warrior
Dinobot Swoop // Fearsome Flyer
Flamewar // Veteran Decepticon
Megatron // Decepticon Leader
Optimus Prime // Freedom Fighter
Ramjet // Sky Smasher
Sergeant Kup // Veteran Sergeant
Starscream // Scheming Second-in-Command


81 Battle Cards

Rare

Agility of Bumblebee
Bombing Run
Cargo Trailer
Combat Training
Cybertonium Bow
Data Bank
Dino-Chomp!
Energon Axe
Fusion Cannon of Megatron
Heroism
Hunker Down
I Still Function!
Ion Blaster of Optimus Prime
Matrix of Leadership
Null-Ray of Starscream
One Shall Stand, One Shall Fall
Peace through Tyranny
Photon Bomb
Roll Out!
Salvage for Parts
Security Checkpoint
Shock Absorbers
Start Your Engines
Static Laser of Ironhide
Swap Parts
Swarm!
System Reboot
Team-Up Tactics
The Bigger They Are
Thermal Weaponry

Uncommon

Aerial Recon
Armed Hovercraft
Backup Plan
Blast Shield
Body Armor
Bug Bomb
Collateral Damage
Computer Sabotage
Crushing Treads
Debilitating Crystal
Disarm
Disruption
Disruptive Entrance
Emergency Maintenance
Equipment Enthusiast
Grenade Launcher
Jaws of Steel
Multi-Mission Gear
Multi-Tool
Plasma Burst
Power Sword
Ramming Speed
Rapid Ascent
Strafing Run
Swap Missions
Treasure Hunt
Turbo Boosters

Common

Armored Plating
Battle Ready
Brainstorm
Crushing Size
Data Pad
Drill Arms
Flamethrower
Force Field
Handheld Blaster
Improvised Shield
Incoming Transmission
Inspiring Leadership
Leap into Battle
Medic!
New Designs
Piercing Blaster
Primary Laser
Rapid Conversion
Ready for Action
Reinforced Plating
Repair Bay
Scrapper Gauntlets
Supercharge
Zap


















5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Common sense won't pay the rent and doesn't grow on trees, but splitting hairs can get you anything you need
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you know if they will have booster boxes for sale at Gen Con?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jffalaschi wrote:
Do you know if they will have booster boxes for sale at Gen Con?


From what Ive seen, just the starters and promo packs
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
What daring! What outrageousness! What insolence! What arrogance!... I salute you.
badge
Conan! What is best in life? Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Avatar
Looking forward to trying this out! Thanks for the list!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Logan

Indiana
msg tools
They have the Autobot starter set and a convention exclusive promo pack with Cliffjumper, Slipstream, and two cards for your deck. The starter set is $15 and promo pack is $15. Starter pack has cards for two players. (At Gencon)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the mothership:

Each Booster Pack contains 1 Foil TRANSFORMERS Character Card and 7 Battle Cards.

Each Booster Pack sold separately.

Chance of Super Rare TRANSFORMERS Character Card 1:79 Booster Packs.

Most Booster Packs contain 1 Rare Battle Card.


From the image provided I cannot tell how many Packs are in a box.

Most Packs contain 1 Rare Battle Card, means that there are Packs that do not contain Rare cards or just a Rare Character instead.

The "Mythic Rare" distribution is steep.

And the fact that this game has more listed Rare Battle Cards than listed Common Battle Cards just threw me away.

It's a good distribution model to exploit little kids, like the distribution models of Japanese TCGs. But not for me.
I feel for all the parents of kids who want to get in this game... it will burst their bank accounts!

Well played, WOTC. You did it again! thumbsup
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oDESGOSTO wrote:



From the image provided I cannot tell how many Packs are in a box.



30 packs in a booster box with a $4 per pack msrp

There are only 40 rare cards total plus the 2 super rare So with some trading it would only take 1 and 1/3 boosters to get all but the super rare and you might even luck out and get one of those
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
$4 dollars per pack?!? Four dollars?!

Less cards than in a MTG booster pack, a lesser rare parity and for four dollars?! They must be crazy!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
byron s
United States
California
flag msg tools
Quote:
$4 dollars per pack?!? Four dollars?!

Less cards than in a MTG booster pack, a lesser rare parity and for four dollars?! They must be crazy!!


I'm also a bit worried that a booster MAY include a rare; the hasbro website lists the chances of a super rare but doesn't list the chance of a rare.

Don't CCG boosters usually guarantee a rare?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Saldanha
Portugal
Loures
Lisboa
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
unclekulikov wrote:
Quote:
$4 dollars per pack?!? Four dollars?!

Less cards than in a MTG booster pack, a lesser rare parity and for four dollars?! They must be crazy!!


I'm also a bit worried that a booster MAY include a rare; the hasbro website lists the chances of a super rare but doesn't list the chance of a rare.

Don't CCG boosters usually guarantee a rare?


What I suppose they want to say with this is that they may include a rare Battle card or a rare Transformer card. One or the other.

If it's that, well, not so bad but still not so good.
But if it's not that... it gets worse and worse.

I'm all out from this game.
I've made my order in my LGS for Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Champions Trading Card Game, all the starter decks and a booster box.
Their distribution model feels right, $3 a pack, 13 cards, 1 rare, 3 uncommons and always one foiled card. They also guarantee 1 to 2 Champions per pack and 1 to 2 Blessings also.
And you can scan your cards to use them later on the digital version of the game. Value.

Also, it has much more "game" than TF:TCG. And it's pretty similar to it being 4 "champions/transformers" vs 4 on the other side with a deck of 30 cards in the mix. The game has much more depth than TF:TCG which feels like a kids game. And with that distribution and pricing... WOTC can go suck on another's because I don't feed those jackals.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
oDESGOSTO wrote:
$4 dollars per pack?!? Four dollars?!

Less cards than in a MTG booster pack, a lesser rare parity and for four dollars?! They must be crazy!!


You know MTG packs are $4 msrp right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Robledo
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Click my Extended Stats user Microbadge!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
unclekulikov wrote:
I'm also a bit worried that a booster MAY include a rare; the hasbro website lists the chances of a super rare but doesn't list the chance of a rare.

Don't CCG boosters usually guarantee a rare?


Transformers TCG is a bit different because each pack has 2 types of cards: one character card and then also the smaller battle cards.

The battlecards are like Magic: you get 1 rare, 2 uncommons and 5 (I think?) commons per pack.

Character cards, since you only get 1 per pack, have a rarity distribution. Super Rares are 1:79 as per the box. Rares have now been calculated as 1:10.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao F. Falaschi
Brazil
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Common sense won't pay the rent and doesn't grow on trees, but splitting hairs can get you anything you need
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I got two booster boxes and opened one so far. ALL of the packs in that first box had a Rare battle card. I only got two Rare transformers and a SR (Bumblebee).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
negman wrote:
They have the Autobot starter set and a convention exclusive promo pack with Cliffjumper, Slipstream, and two cards for your deck. The starter set is $15 and promo pack is $15. Starter pack has cards for two players. (At Gencon)


Does anyone know if these promos are going to be widely available or reprinted or anything?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Eagles
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Parents:

Here is how most trading card and collectible card games work:

I play star wars destiny as well as this game. You need to buy about around 5 full booster boxes plus buy a few rare singles online to get a set. The cost to get the FULL set of one wave of destiny (2x each card) is therefore around 500-600 dollars for around 160 different cards in a set.

For this game, I bought a booster box, two starters, and singles, which has been around $320 so far, and I would need to spend probably 80 more to complete the set at current prices. So around 400 for the full set (1x each character, 3x each battle card).

Most of these games release waves every 4-6 months. For this type of game, expect to spend 500-1000 per year. Most people burn out of a collectible game after about 2 years.

Selling cards carefully on ebay or facebook, you can probably recoup around 50% of what you paid.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Dortch
United States
Sparta
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jseagles wrote:
Parents:

Here is how most trading card and collectible card games work:

I play star wars destiny as well as this game. You need to buy about around 5 full booster boxes plus buy a few rare singles online to get a set. The cost to get the FULL set of one wave of destiny (2x each card) is therefore around 500-600 dollars for around 160 different cards in a set.

For this game, I bought a booster box, two starters, and singles, which has been around $320 so far, and I would need to spend probably 80 more to complete the set at current prices. So around 400 for the full set (1x each character, 3x each battle card).

Most of these games release waves every 4-6 months. For this type of game, expect to spend 500-1000 per year. Most people burn out of a collectible game after about 2 years.

Selling cards carefully on ebay or facebook, you can probably recoup around 50% of what you paid.


I don't believe the average CCG player tries to collect every single card. That would be insanely costly as you have pointed out. And you don't need every card to play the game either. Singles ebb and flow in price based on a bunch of different factors. Buy cheap stuff, or better yet just buy what you need for your decks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
4wallz wrote:
jseagles wrote:
Parents:

Here is how most trading card and collectible card games work:

I play star wars destiny as well as this game. You need to buy about around 5 full booster boxes plus buy a few rare singles online to get a set. The cost to get the FULL set of one wave of destiny (2x each card) is therefore around 500-600 dollars for around 160 different cards in a set.

For this game, I bought a booster box, two starters, and singles, which has been around $320 so far, and I would need to spend probably 80 more to complete the set at current prices. So around 400 for the full set (1x each character, 3x each battle card).

Most of these games release waves every 4-6 months. For this type of game, expect to spend 500-1000 per year. Most people burn out of a collectible game after about 2 years.

Selling cards carefully on ebay or facebook, you can probably recoup around 50% of what you paid.


I don't believe the average CCG player tries to collect every single card. That would be insanely costly as you have pointed out. And you don't need every card to play the game either. Singles ebb and flow in price based on a bunch of different factors. Buy cheap stuff, or better yet just buy what you need for your decks.


Right. To imply that someone has to spend $500-1000 a year to have fun playing this game is utterly ridiculous.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Will this be updated with Wave 1A?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bredfeldt
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
Where can I learn more about this Wave 1a?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.