Popular Tags: [View All]
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
Board games are better than video games
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello friends !

If I am in short range against an AI,but also am in flank of it,will I get attacked in the next turn if a card says so? Or does the AI have to respect the LOS and arc of fire?

Thank you !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you asked this already. Yes, flanking has nothing to do with whether AI is adjacent to player unit. The only requirement for priority short range order is adjacency. It has nothing to do with arc of fire or facing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that. I wasn`t asking if an AI can be considered or not adjacent to the unit of a player. I was asking if the AI who is adjacent to my unit can fire in short range if I am in the flank hexes.

P.S. I am new to this game,and there are a lot of rules (base game + exp),so I have a good chance of misinterpret some of them. Sorry if I am repeating myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. Yes, the player unit always has to an eligible target for fire action, so it must be in LOS and in arc of fire (or whatever requirements are necessary for the firing unit, e.g., if its turreted).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al Cann
United States
Warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you saying that the you ARE NOT in the arc of fire of the AI, yet you are adjacent to it?

If so, it is my understanding that the AI CANNOT FIRE. There are some AI cards at short range that say "Pivot and Fire" that will allow just that, in case the AI does not have an adjacent Unit within its arc of fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danut
Romania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
albcann wrote:
Are you saying that the you ARE NOT in the arc of fire of the AI, yet you are adjacent to it?

Yes,you are correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danutzek wrote:
albcann wrote:

Yes,you are correct.

Since the unit is adjacent to the AI but it is not in its arc of fire.

You consult the AI card on its second priority line which comes after the case of an AI/unit being in the same hex (which is not the case).

That second line will give you the instruction of what the AI does in order of execution.

Most lines will say Fire as a first instruction, then Pivot etc ...

If that is the case the AI will not fire and do a pivot so it can shoot on the AI next impulse, so after your action.

But if the card states PIVOT AND FIRE,... the AI will pivot AND fire in the same impulse.

Small remark: if there are other adjacent units look at the AI flow chart WHICH adjacent fight must be resolved first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.