Andreas Hohmann
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
Super Mario Kart Fan
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

I was wondering today in a game, if we played the card Rebel Cell correctly.
Am I correct, that in the refresh phase you can simply discard an objective card to score 1 point every round, as long as the marker is in play?
Does this tactic prevent you from scoring another objective in the refresh phase since the card says "instead"?

In short: Can you score objectives and use the rebel cell additionaly?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
You still can only score one objective during the Refresh phase. The "instead" is just emphasizing that you are discarding the chosen card rather than doing the task shown on it. Essentially, you are "scoring" the Rebel Cell card, with the discard as part of the "cost", which you do instead of actually scoring the discarded objective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Jen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You still get to draw another Objective during the Refresh phase, right?

So Rebel Cells is basically a guaranteed "score 1 Objective each turn as long as the Target Marker is still out there" card(?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YassWaddah wrote:

Yes, it doesn't affect that part.

Quote:
So Rebel Cells is basically a guaranteed "score 1 Objective each turn as long as the Target Marker is still out there" card(?)

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooice ZP
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sigmazero13 wrote:
YassWaddah wrote:

Quote:

Correct.

The last part is incorrect. You score the objective before you draw a new one. So it is not guaranteed, in fact I used this to my advantage as the empire, knowing I had more time since the rebels didn't have a card to feed rebel cell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jooice wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:
YassWaddah wrote:

Quote:

Correct.

The last part is incorrect. You score the objective before you draw a new one. So it is not guaranteed, in fact I used this to my advantage as the empire, knowing I had more time since the rebels didn't have a card to feed rebel cell.

You are right, I may have misunderstood the question, as I was assuming he had one in hand already, but that might not necessarily be a safe assumption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.