GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,374 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Tide of Iron» Forums » Rules

Subject: Regarding Cards that start in your play area. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Fuller
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For example, "Sniper Attack" in Liberation, "Sustained Blanket" in Siegfried Assault, etc.

These cards are not normally "Place in Your Play Area" cards. Does that mean the effect of them starting in your play area, (rather than your HQ area, as available cards are) mean:

1) You do not have to play the command point cost. If so, do you you have to play them the first turn, or can you save them in order to be played any turn?

2) They are treated as "Place in Your Play Area" cards. This means they can be used every single turn until the game ends.

3) This is a typo and it is supposed to say "Place in Your HQ Area", so therefore it would just be an extra available card?

Any information on this would be helpful, my gaming group really nitpicks when it comes to rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards that go into a play area have other costs associated with utilizing them once they are in there. Some have a limited # of uses for example. If the card starts in the play area, you do not need to pay commands points for it, as you only pay the command points to move it from the HQ area to Play Area. I played the game with the sniper card staring out in the play area. I don't remember the exact wording on the card, but we played it as a one-time use card. We discarded it after one sniper attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Fuller
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.