United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cronoz wrote:

Notice the dragon meeple

Can confirm there are THREE dragon meeples (all identical)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombocom wrote:
Jon Connington and Bronn... Looks like mercenaries or sellswords of some form may be making an appearance.

You use those cards when you battle with a vassal house. There’s a deck of 10 or so, and you will shuffle them and draw three to choose from each time your vassal house is in a battle. They are played like house cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a Bronn card with 4 str but your opponent could spend power to reduce it to 0.
Another 4 (Janos Slynt) I think would force you to remove one of your vassal pieces if you won (this one was nice - I took a big vassal Tyrell army to King’s Landing, played Janos Slynt, and took the city while also weakening them so my “real” House could take it next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crono Crono
msg tools
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/8/3/mother-o...

Official news announcement with more detailed info
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, that board looks horrible like this. I hadn't thought that it won't fit. I hope they'll be selling a new board where the tracks are separate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Merritt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Cronoz wrote:

Notice the dragon meeple

Can confirm there are THREE dragon meeples (all identical)

All stolen from Survive! Escape from Atlantis from the looks of it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frode Hanøy
Norway
flag msg tools
So... The image of the board they have in their FFG announcement:

It only shows 6 on the influence track, as that part is the old board. The new one is only with Essos on. Sooo.. What about the 7th and 8th houses? I can understand Targ not being included, as (for what I have read), they are at the bottom of all tracks. But we are still missing Arryn.

I really really wish they'd include a new board with the influence/etc on the NEW board, on the right side.. So that you'd get Essos right next to Shipbreaker bay and the rest of Westeros. Looks weird right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
Man, I sold this game a while back because it wasn't getting played ( best play count was an issue for me). This kind of makes me want to take another stab at it. We'll see, maybe a long-term goal.

Yup, new long-term goal ... re-acquire the base game, as well as expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair McDonald
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I can't imagine they are going to leave the board like that - I saw an interview on Youtube at Gencon with the Prototype and it had the tracks shifted to the West side of the board and Essos was directly matched up with the rest of the seas... so hopefully a new board will be included

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Smith
msg tools
In the demo games the track wasn't in the middle like that, the two maps line up with each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SKX10 wrote:
Yeah I can't imagine they are going to leave the board like that - I saw an interview on Youtube at Gencon with the Prototype and it had the tracks shifted to the West side of the board and Essos was directly matched up with the rest of the seas... so hopefully a new board will be included

The GenCon demos were on a giant playmat printed specifically for the event, and not the actual boards. That playmat will NOT be included and likely will not be available for purchase at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They probably could have gotten creative and printed a larger expansion board that partially covers the main board (with part of it folding under to keep it level) with Essos lined up and all of the tracks printed again... but looks like it isn’t happening

(Camel Up expansion expands the board in this way and it works fine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair McDonald
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on what they propose for the Influence tracks going to 7 or 8 players if they aren't expanding the original board (as base board only has 6 spaces and doesn't appear to be on the new board)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t buy much FFG these days, but I will very much buy this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben
Belgium
Transylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this will come with a game-mat!!!!!

please please please please please

that would be awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barny Skinner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
My only concern is that it seems like a lot of the changes could increase playtime, especially the Vassals system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Memal
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombocom wrote:
My only concern is that it seems like a lot of the changes could increase playtime, especially the Vassals system.
I'm curious to see all the other changes made that are supposed to help it go faster, but as of now I can't see it being anything but longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frode Hanøy
Norway
flag msg tools
I just REALLY hope they use this chance to provide some balance to the old 6 houses.. And by that the imbalance of a certain Greyjoy card especially..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the first edition of the game, but have now played 2 games on 2nd edition. I never felt that Greyjoy was overpowered in 1st edition, but good Lord they are overpowered in 2nd. They start with more units than Lannister, have a more defensible position in the beginning due to the island home, and the house cards are much better than Lannister.

Without a fix for this issue, I can's see myself ever buying the 2nd edition, or any expansion material for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
SKX10 wrote:
Any update on what they propose for the Influence tracks going to 7 or 8 players if they aren't expanding the original board (as base board only has 6 spaces and doesn't appear to be on the new board)

This is what I’m clinging to, surely they can’t just say ‘just imagine your own 7th space with no stars’? Gotta say, really poor show if the map has a whacking great bar down the middle and there’s not enough space on the tracks. I’m so sick of having to download and print overlays to fix the player count, that’s exactly what everyone will do. If they’re not selling the playmat ... why not?

Dunno if there’s much overlap between fans of this and Great Western Trail, the expansion for that has to overlay part of the board but also extend it. So we’re all wondering at the moment whether it’ll be half regular board and half thinner card, so it slots over the edge nicely. GoT would appear to have the same issue, why not do the same thing and have a second board for tracks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have to say that the gripes about the expansion map and its marriage with the old map puzzle me. This is a retro fit - its bound to be a bit less than design-perfect and I think their solution is fine. When you actually play these kinds of concerns become pretty meaningless. Putting it bluntly, if the game that is produced by the expansion works then that is what matters. People are way too obsessed with the appearance of games as opposed to the substance of play.

Aesthetically the heavy white lines on the existing map are appalling, but they do have the virtue of being clear in play and when I am playing my aesthetic concerns become of no importance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair McDonald
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My only real concern is that I haven't seen anywhere how they propose addressing the 7th and 8th player on the influence tracks - if they are going to include an extension for that then happy days but at the moment from all I've read it hasn't been addressed fully and so its creating confusion - really hyped for the Vale overlay but again as people have mentioned it seems to include a new sea area called the Bite and I'm concerned how the seas are going to allign if it is a case of set on a Vale overlay keep the influence tracks as they are and set the Essos extension beside all this... seems like there is going to be a lot going on essentially in the middle of that sea between moving units, tokens whilst ensuring the overlay doesn't shift... the prototype mat looked epic would love a retail version or something similiar to print
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
You would only need a 7th player spot on the track, someone mentioned that Targaryen are always bottom by default.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barny Skinner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
If there's no official playmat, I'm quite certain someone will knock one up and put it on here in no time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Summers
msg tools
It is odd how the seas don’t line up. I could understand if we were supposed to imagine some sea underneath the tracks, so they didn’t line up perfectly, but if you look to the right of the third position on the Kings Court track in that image, there’s a weird area cornered off ... is that part of the Shivering Sea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |