Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave L.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Just got this and can't wait to play. However, I recently discovered that I have 2 English language #8 cards in the fate deck, and no #11. I don't think its worth it to get a new deck, especially since I can just put the German Language card in. But I do want to make sure that I have the proper translation of the events on the card.

If someone can type it out for me or send me a photo of the card, I can offer a small Geekgold tip.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spade - Frederick orders Seydlitz to engage in the battle at last! Seydlitz answers: "After the battle, my head is at the King's disposal; during the battle however, I would like to be permitted to serve my King with good use of the same." - Seydlitz will unleash his charge in the decisive moment. Next turn Prussia may play the 11 of spades (Seydlitz) double valued once.

Club - The British occupy Cuba, which they want to trade for Spanish Florida. Also, fresh troops are sent to the Electorate of Hanover. Any one Hanoverian General receives a new army (if possible).

Heart - Of his brother Henry (Heinrich) Frederick states: "He is the only one who has not made a single mistake so far." Next turn Prinz Heinrich will cover objectives up to four cities distant.

Diamond - The new reader of Prussia's King is introduced: Henry de Catt, a 33-year old Swiss. His most important task will be the listening to Frederick's endless monologues. No effect.

That should do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Fate Card 11:

Frederick orders Seydlitz to engage in the battle at last! Seydlitz answers; "After the battle, my head is at the King's disposal; during the battle, however, I would like to be permitted to serve my King with good use of the same." Seydlitz will unleash his charge in the decisive moment.
Next turn Prussia may play the spades-11 (Seydlitz) doubled value once.

The British occupy Cuba, which they want to trade for Spanish Florida. Also, fresh troops are sent to the Electorate of Hanover.
Any one Hanoverian General receives a new army (if possible)

Of his brother Henry (heinrich), Frederick states; "He is the only one who has not made a single mistake so far."
Next turn Prinz Heinrich will cover objectives up to 4 cities distant

The new reader of Prussia's King is introduced: Henry de Catt, 33-years old, Swiss. His most important task will be the bearing of Frederick's endless monologues.
No Effect}r

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave L.
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks gentlemen. Much appreciated.

Am I wrong in thinking that is the most powerful spade event of the regular cards? And does it mean that the Prussians have to be holding the actual card to double it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it does mean that you need the card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Jenkki,

please send me your address per private message, so that I can send you new deck of english fate cards !

(btw.: I wonder how a card can be missing and another is doubled, since all cards are on one sheet of paper.)

To your question regarding holding the spades-11: Yes, Prussia has to hold it, otherwise it cannot play it ;-)

richard, histogame

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.