Subject: Hit Points V rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hit Points V

This is a 14 player game with hidden roles, items, and unusual mechanics. Dusk will be at 3:00PM BGG time and dawn is at 4:00PM. This game will not run on Saturday or Sunday.

ROLES
All players win with their team, whether or not they remain alive at the end of the game. If everyone dies then both teams lose and the moderator laughs and laughs.

TEAM EVIL (4/14)
Team evil wins as soon as they reach parity. In this set parity happens when the total combined hit points that the evil players have remaining exceeds the total hit points that the good players have remaining.

Werewolf (x3)
Each werewolf has a night kill ability that can be targeted individually. The wolves can coordinate their attacks or spread them out. All wolves learn the remaining health of anyone they attack after the attack is made.

Special Abilities
Each wolf will have a special wolf role which determines their attributes:
One wolf will be the Alpha Wolf. The Alpha Wolf starts with 120hp and does 50 damage with their night kill.
One wolf will be the Tough Wolf. The Tough Wolf starts with 180hp and does 30 damage with their night kill.
One wolf will be the Wild Wolf. The Wild Wolf starts with 120hp and does 30 damage with their night kill.
Each role may also have abilities that are not listed here.

Unknown (x1)
There is another player on the same team as the wolves, but that player's role is not known.

TEAM GOOD (10/14)
Team good wins once the evil team is killed, assuming that at least one good player is left alive.

Unknown (x10)
None of the roles on team good are public knowledge at the start of the game, however every player on this team starts the game with 100hp.

WHAT IS KNOWN

Some players will have specific named roles and most players will start the game with at least one item.
Some items may be useless on their own, and have to be passed to others to combine them into a useful item.
The wolves will know significantly more about what roles and items are in play.
In this game the player in lynch lead is not automatically killed. Instead, each vote that a player has at lynch time will do 10 damage to that player. There will be items and/or abilities in the game that also do damage.
There will be no conversion: If you start on team good/evil you will remain on the same team for the entire game.
There will be full role reveal on death. Any items that a person is holding when they die will not be revealed on death. When any werewolf dies they will reveal as the type of wolf that they are.
Players will know their own number of hit points at all times, but the amount of hit points that other players have will not be posted publicly. There may be items and/or abilities that reveal another player's current number of hit points.
Whomever starts with an item will receive that item's description and can ask the mod for clarifying information. Anyone who receives an item at a later time will not be told where the item came from or how the item works (unless some ability or effect supplies that information).

THE FINE PRINT

The order of operations is: 1. Damage (from largest to smallest) 2. heals (also from large to small) 3. anyone at 0hp or less at this step dies (triggering any "on death" abilities/effects) 4. any abilities/effects that don't damage or heal 5. item passes.
All items can be passed to another living player as a night action. Any item that can be used more than once can be used and passed in the same night.
If the player that is chosen to receive an item is killed or is otherwise ineligible to receive it then the item will be returned to the person who passed it unless some other effect or ability intercepts the item first.
If you issue an order to use an item or ability in the same phase as your death then any effects that do damage or heals will execute, but all other effects including item passes will not execute.

GENERAL GAME RULES

Please only sign up if you will be able to participate.
In this set you are allowed to directly quote anything that was said in mod chat or any Cassandra chat room into the thread so long as you do not include the timestamp in any copy-paste operations.
Night posting will be allowed. The only time that posting is not allowed in this set is the brief time between dusk/dawn and the announcement of any kills.
If you want to ask the mod a question in thread, please post it in red (you can use r{}r to make your text red). I respond in gold.
No communication with other players about the game outside of the game until it is over.
No encryption. No codes that require a pre-arranged shared secret or an application to decode. Any "hints" that everyone in the thread has an equal chance of understanding or which are based on in game information are ok.
Any players who have not participated in the last 24 hours, or posted with an explanation of why they will be gone, at 4 hours before any lynch may be put up for replacement.
A general primer on how to play werewolf can be found here.
A link to the page on the cassandra project where you can sign up for this game can be found in the "Cassandra Project" post directly below this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
Felice Si
kuchick
ortho_
RoyalApe
Royalflush
Samool
Scarlett_O
SerWave
The_Rorab
twomillionbucks
Vanderscamp
whirlingdervish
zenofkermit

14 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2036646

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeline B
msg tools
No mountains, no valleys
badge
Never argue with idiots; they'll drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience.
mbmbmbmbmb
How many players on each team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
4 evil, 10 good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
4 evil, 10 good

But only three evil roles are wolves?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:
4 evil, 10 good

But only three evil roles are wolves?
That's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
Ok, I'll make that explicit.

TEAM EVIL (4/14)
Team evil wins as soon as they reach parity. In this set parity happens when the total combined hit points that the wolves have remaining exceeds the total hit points that the good players have remaining.

-------

Does this new fourth evil role's HP count for, against, or not at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Actually.. I'm just going to take out the aux. The game runs too long already.

This will drop the number of players down to 13.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
ThatAblaze wrote:
Ok, I'll make that explicit.

TEAM EVIL (4/14)
Team evil wins as soon as they reach parity. In this set parity happens when the total combined hit points that the wolves have remaining exceeds the total hit points that the good players have remaining.

-------

Does this new fourth evil role's HP count for, against, or not at all?
It would have just not counted for either group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've been told by a couple of people that they like the idea of an aux being in the set. I certainly have an interesting role for one and I can always balance it against the number of items that the teams get. My concern is that it could potentially make the game run longer. I'm going to put it up to a vote.
Poll
Do you think there should be an Aux in this set?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes
46.2% 6
No
15.4% 2
TommyDanger
38.5% 5
Voters 13
This poll is now closed.   13 answers
Poll created by ThatAblaze
Closes: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
Love is YOU
badge
mbmbmb
I voted TommyDanger because why not but also because I'm not in the game and don't really know for balance reasons. But I feel like players enjoy being an aux
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
contiguity wrote:
I voted TommyDanger because why not but also because I'm not in the game and don't really know for balance reasons. But I feel like players enjoy being an aux
Thanks contiguity. I'm confident that I have enough other tools at my disposal to balance the game either way. I do like that people in general find the aux role to be enjoyable.. that's a compelling argument in favor of it. The reason I'm on the fence about it is that this game is likely to have some unexpected surprises. I'm worried that the puzzle may be too difficult to grasp with that extra variable.

So far the results of the poll look very conflicted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Freedonia
flag msg tools
badge
When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
contiguity wrote:
Thanks contiguity. I'm confident that I have enough other tools at my disposal to balance the game either way. I do like that people in general find the aux role to be enjoyable.. that's a compelling argument in favor of it. The reason I'm on the fence about it is that this game is likely to have some unexpected surprises. I'm worried that the puzzle may be too difficult to grasp with that extra variable.

So far the results of the poll look very conflicted.
I think it's pretty clear you should put in aux and TommyDanger roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Ok, I've added an aux... well, technically it's not exactly an aux role since it does count for parity.. but it's on the evil team and not a wolf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Note: I'm delaying this by another week. It's now set to start on September 10th (assuming it's full).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm hoping we get some signups soon.. come on people! I want to start this on Monday.

I guarantee it will be a blast!

wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Well, it doesn't look like this game is going to start any time soon. It looks like my schedule will probably be getting rather busy now, so we'll see if this runs.

It might be a while.

I changed the lynch time from 6:00pm to 3:00pm. Maybe that will help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I've got everything set up and refined the OP even further. I'm hoping to start this game on the 29th. It should be awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just beat up by Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I signed up on the assumption this will start at the listed start date and will need to excuse myself if it starts earlier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
I signed up on the assumption this will start at the listed start date and will need to excuse myself if it starts earlier.
Awesome I'm going to the Unite conference next week, and that's going to keep me pretty busy, so there's no chance of me moving it earlier than the 29th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...---...
Canada
flag msg tools
Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, if this starts on Monday I will not be available on Tues the 30th until sometime after dusk or maybe even until after dawn that day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
FYI, if we don't fill the last two slots in the next couple of days then I'm going to have to delay this until nov 13th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Middlesboro
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up