Subject: Hit Points V rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
Oh wow, so many things went wrong for evil that are pretty damn hard for them to predict. Between NKing Samool and then getting the gun without the rules text, that's just a rough beat.

SerWave's views were incredible and the role was set up to extra reward incredible views.

I think the village did a good job and also caught a ton of breaks as well.

I am glad I started the Faith Healer claim-pocalypse at 1 hour out instead of 15 min to go.

Thanks for modding, ThatABlaze. This is always such a labor-intensive set, and very cool one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Positivity is fucking rad
badge
So is Pokemon
mbmbmbmbmb
ortho_ wrote:
Oh wow, so many things went wrong for evil that are pretty damn hard for them to predict. Between NKing Samool and then getting the gun without the rules text, that's just a rough beat.

SerWave's views were incredible and the role was set up to extra reward incredible views.

I think the village did a good job and also caught a ton of breaks as well.

I am glad I started the Faith Healer claim-pocalypse at 1 hour out instead of 15 min to go.

Thanks for modding, ThatABlaze. This is always such a labor-intensive set, and very cool one.

I'm still pretty sure you were evil D1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Sit tight, but the revolution's years away /I'm losing faith and I'm running low on things to say
mbmbmb
It's tough for me to even imagine trying to evaluate the balance of this set based on this game, because there's basically nothing worse than wolves stacking enough KP on their lone aux to kill him N1.

It's such a brutal setback. But I don't think it's the fault of the set, it's just one of those low probability things that can happen every once in a rare while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Samool was given all the info nessessary to make the perfect claim. I could not have predicted that it would be too perfect..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Yeah, the N1 kill combined with Serwave targeting wolves both nights...

Also, I got the bullet from Royal!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ThatABlaze, I really liked the twist you did in going from one healer role every HP game to tons of them.

Especially for me, since I'm one of those people who always looks back at the history, so my mindset heading into D1 was that I was an important GS who is also somewhat self-clearing via claim, because every set includes just one.

And then I have to claim and immediately get countered, and then it goes bonkers from there. It was a funny moment.

I think it did certainly help the village, because certainly I was mislynchable and I think dejojam was too. I don't think Royal mattered because he was pretty shiny beforehand. And I don't think Rorab or Scarlett got a ton of cred off it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
dejojam1 wrote:
Wow. Yeah, the N1 kill combined with Serwave targeting wolves both nights...

Also, I got the bullet from Royal!

Seer hits on both N1 and N2 are tough in any set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ortho_ wrote:
ThatABlaze, I really liked the twist you did in going from one healer role every HP game to tons of them.

Especially for me, since I'm one of those people who always looks back at the history, so my mindset heading into D1 was that I was an important GS who is also somewhat self-clearing via claim, because every set includes just one.

And then I have to claim and immediately get countered, and then it goes bonkers from there. It was a funny moment.

I think it did certainly help the village, because certainly I was mislynchable and I think dejojam was too. I don't think Royal mattered because he was pretty shiny beforehand. And I don't think Rorab or Scarlett got a ton of cred off it.
Thanks! I intended to have a bunch of clears and the aux in the middle of it.

I thought that a wolf might claim too. Vanders never claimed and he was a Faith Healer.. I think you would have figured out the role today if today had gone on. You always figure it all out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatAblaze wrote:
ortho_ wrote:

Thanks! I intended to have a bunch of clears and the aux in the middle of it.

I thought that a wolf might claim too. Vanders never claimed and he was a Faith Healer.. I think you would have figured out the role today if today had gone on. You always figure it all out.
Wolves had no cover role and pretty much no idea what was going on with roles in the game. Makes it quite a bit harder to jump in to claim FH. If we had claimed FH, we would have been later in the pool at the very least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounded like a singular role from the info we were given. By the time multiples came out, I had already hardclaimed not FH. xand maybe could have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
ortho_ wrote:
It's tough for me to even imagine trying to evaluate the balance of this set based on this game, because there's basically nothing worse than wolves stacking enough KP on their lone aux to kill him N1.

It's such a brutal setback. But I don't think it's the fault of the set, it's just one of those low probability things that can happen every once in a rare while.
Yep. NKing our Aux (who does damage and has a gun and a curse) on N1, wolves being viewed and role blocked on N1 and N2, the third wolf unwittingly revealing by using a gun, and all the FH's claiming D1 and effectively shrinking the evil pool... tough game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think power-wise it was fairly pro-evil - we had a lot of bits and baubles and things we had access to, whereas the only real GS was Ser. Kuchick wasn't targetable till N3, but...

However, informationally I think it was pro-good. None of our power ended up being useful when more than half of the village self-cleared D1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why the people who were passed items weren't informed of what the items did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
I don't understand why the people who were passed items weren't informed of what the items did.
If it's an item that hasn't been in the game before and one person passes it to another then the original holder can use that as kind of a code to make more of a clear.

I've never seen an evil pass an item that had any damage capability to a good, so I like to make item passing less of a clearing act. Also, my idea about hidden roles is that part of it is about coming together to share information and cooperate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
ThatABlaze - Was there anything beyond flavor in terms of me being new in town and in the pre-dawn post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ez rares

Nice seering ser!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes me very happy lindsey was the last wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
ortho_ wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
ortho_ wrote:
The_Rorab wrote:
ortho_ wrote:
Rorab, I know these players don't necessarily have to be linked, but I'd be curious to know why you'd be up for murdelating Vander but not LJ?

Because whilst I understand Vanders' actions aren't necessarily only from evil!him, they aren't pro-good, whereas LJ so far hasn't imo been alignmenty either but in a way that I don't think isn't pro-good?

I don't really understand or see the distinction.

LJ does stuff that could be perceived as nominally 'pro-good' all the time as evil. I know you were following Fake News, so I'm assuming you remember her D1 stuff about protecting the GS roles, as one example.

I think what LJ did here was a little different then just offering strategy. She sounded genuinely affronted at people doing what she percieved to be a suboptimal action and not listening to her. An evil might make her suggestion but I think it's less likely they'd have her affront. Minus two points to you for saying this.

LJ leads BGG WW in getting good reads for wispy, unsound reasons. Case in point. Minus three points to you in response to deducting my points.

Minus eight points for this obvious lie, the leader is clearly xand

And it makes me perversely happy that after this post we had xand replace in for lindsey with someone reading xand's contentless entrance as goood

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
did my curse kill whirling?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twomillionbucks wrote:
I think we have to kill whirling at this point. I have to assume the game is solvable, and if it's confused enough that whirling is good I doubt it is. So let's kill whirling and then reevaluate.

Maybe Flush and Xand are wolves.

2mil cllled it btw

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:

I also tried to killl whirling with my curse but got it back and took twenty more damage since whirling was already dead
I had it on xand the entire rest of the day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Likens
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
kuchick wrote:
You and I effectively both killed him. We both used the same curse. We used it on N2 mainly in the hopes of adding a little more damage to Wave in the hopes of killing him. We figured it was okay to kill Whirling at the same time given that we expected Vanders to kill him anyway by passing his curse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whirlingdervish wrote:
I think power-wise it was fairly pro-evil - we had a lot of bits and baubles and things we had access to, whereas the only real GS was Ser. Kuchick wasn't targetable till N3, but...

However, informationally I think it was pro-good. None of our power ended up being useful when more than half of the village self-cleared D1.

Who do you think self-cleared?
I'm pretty confused about that statement

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alabaster
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
ortho_ wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
ortho_ wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
twomillionbucks wrote:
I think the Ape is good.

Why?

I think he's probably good too.

Do you think he seems evil?

No, I think the good reads on him are pretty poor though.

He seems more good than most people in the game so far, imo.

I don't really have much of a footing at this point. I have a secret maybe-evil read that I'm going to keep an eye on. But I don't really think it's beneficial to post it right now.

Is it Lindsey?

Was it lindsey btw?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Vanderscamp wrote:
Vanderscamp wrote:
ortho_ wrote:
I have a secret maybe-evil read that I'm going to keep an eye on. But I don't really think it's beneficial to post it right now.

Is it Lindsey?

Was it lindsey btw?

Yeah. Sometimes when LJ and I go to battle, it gets kind of intense. I wanted to wait before making it happen, to hopefully either get more confident or to change my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  55 , 56 , 57 , 58 , 59  Next »  [59] |