Subject: Bloodborne: The Board Game Revealed! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Tran
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone see that Eric Lang revealed Bloodborne: The Board Game during the Dice Tower panel at GenCon2018? I need more information!

Tried to look this one up and came up with nothing. Can't wait to hear more details about it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon & Steve
United States
Waterloo
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It better work with 2 players!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
B├╝ckeburg
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
get off my avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
there goes my money ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
There will be no explanation.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotta be better than the Dark Souls game, at the very least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a short interview with Eric on CMoN's twitter about it. Sounds like a co-op dungeon crawler designed with Michael Shinall(!). I'm piqued!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cunningham
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
From what I remember from Eric's announcement:

* A fully co-op title
* Structured in a campaign framework
* Players must play through 4 scenarios to complete the campaign
* Players must gain enough Insight to move forward in the campaign. Even if they complete the scenario and kill the boss, the game will still end if they haven't acquired enough Insight.
* Players choose Covenants to provide variable powers.
* As it's a CMON project, expect plenty of minis and stretch goal content
* Project will be up on Kickstarter around Q2-Q3 2019, and will be in retail sometime in 2020.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
There will be no explanation.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SavingThrowMC wrote:

* As it's a CMON project, expect plenty of minis and stretch goal content

Oh. Dang.

I mean, I guess it would obviously be a CMON, but for some reason I didn't consider that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesssss! cool

https://twitter.com/eric_lang/status/1025889793731784704

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1025826556122296320

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hrm. Same cover artwork as the card game? come on (cmon)...

That said, I'm a fool for bloodborne, and I do like the card game.
Hope to hear more about this soon...

edit: Yes, it has to be better than dark souls... Man I was burned by that one. I went all in and really didn't like the game. Some wonderful soul bought my pledge thankfully, so I didn't lose too much.

I'm skeptical with them 'bringing new content for fans of the game'. I like the video game as is, hope they don't take some artistic license and try to write their own stories here... Especially coming from the company who is responsible for Fist of Gratia as a ranged weapon in the card game. (I know, I'll never let that one go, I'm an obsessed fan, what can I say).

As for positivity, no body does loads of extra content quite like CMON, and while I tend to avoid that type of campaign, for Bloodborne, I can't wait to see what they come up with. I'm also always impressed with the quality of the components. Excited.. woohoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Heckmann
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SavingThrowMC wrote:
* A fully co-op title
* Structured in a campaign framework
Aaaaaand I'm out. Shame. The card game is so great, if they managed to move this concept to a board game, it'd be an insta-buy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My heart sunk when they revealed the campaign angle (with a focus on covenants) too, but I'm hopeful.

If you're looking for competitive elements, who knows, there might be an invader add-on expansion or something.

I have high hopes, but will remain somewhat skeptical until it's all laid out before us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason I thought this was kickstarting in January and I've been hoping to see news of the kickstarter pop up any day now.

Doh! My fragile heart..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Price
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Polioliolio wrote:
My heart sunk when they revealed the campaign angle (with a focus on covenants) too, but I'm hopeful.

If you're looking for competitive elements, who knows, there might be an invader add-on expansion or something.

I have high hopes, but will remain somewhat skeptical until it's all laid out before us.

I'm actually pretty excited about a coop campaign focus (although I've only played BB as an offline solo experience).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VampireHunterD wrote:
Polioliolio wrote:

I'm actually pretty excited about a coop campaign focus (although I've only played BB as an offline solo experience).

I've thought about that initial statement and I think it was in fear of the unknown. A prejudice against campaign games because they seemed to me to be one and done type of affairs. But I've not had much experience in campaign games anyway, so really I'm just worried because I have little experience in what the game is seemingly going to be... but now I've decided to be excited about that instead. If this is going to be my first real campaign game, may as well be based on my favorite video game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls