Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Tricoche
United States
Bronx
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure this is where this post should go, but why aren't any of the smash up expansions under smash up 2012? They are listed as their own seperate products when it clearly says expansion on the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludes
United States
Honor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There are 4 listed on the Smash Up page; should there be more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BIgLatinDude wrote:
Not sure this is where this post should go, but why aren't any of the smash up expansions under smash up 2012? They are listed as their own seperate products when it clearly says expansion on the box.

They are all fully playable two-player games, as well as expansions to the base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
BIgLatinDude wrote:

They are all fully playable two-player games, as well as expansions to the base.
Hey...I didn't know that.

Pete (learned something)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shader10 wrote:
BIgLatinDude wrote:

Just because they are standalone as well doesn't mean they can't be listed as expansions of the base game as well. They all "integrate with" each other, but that data point doesn't have them all that way with each other either. And while we're at it, they should all technically "reimplement" the base game as well.

It takes someone willing to submit the changes for them to happen in the database. Now, if these changes have been submitted and they rejected them, I think that would be something to complain about
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
BIgLatinDude wrote:

Just because they are standalone as well doesn't mean they can't be listed as expansions of the base game as well. They all "integrate with" each other, but that data point doesn't have them all that way with each other either. And while we're at it, they should all technically "reimplement" the base game as well.

It takes someone willing to submit the changes for them to happen in the database. Now, if these changes have been submitted and they rejected them, I think that would be something to complain about
Well, I suppose since games get ranked and expansions do not, there's a mutually exclusive nature to the two categories. Data can be pesky like that.

Pete (has finally ditched his last major software project, but had to deal with categorizations like that all the time)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
plezercruz wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
Shader10 wrote:
BIgLatinDude wrote:

Well, I suppose since games get ranked and expansions do not, there's a mutually exclusive nature to the two categories. Data can be pesky like that.

Pete (has finally ditched his last major software project, but had to deal with categorizations like that all the time)

That's a good point, but I'm sure there'd be a way to get around that fairly easily (I've dealt with categorization work on more than my share of projects as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls