Popular Tags: [View All]
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ties That Bind

or "are your neighbors secretly terrorists and if so what can you do about it"

Here's what I can tell you:

- Hidden roles; everyone will have some sort of quirk to their role - however, you may not have that quirk at the beginning of the game (see below).
- Normalized win conditions; if you are Good, your win condition is "all max evils eliminated"; if you are Evil, your win condition is "evil parity equals or exceeds non-evil parity alive", or standard parity; if you are Neutral, your win condition will be specified to you; if your win condition ever changes or is modified, you will be notified.
- No true conversion. If your alignment is "Good" at the beginning of the game, you will remain "Good" for the rest of the game. Same with Evil. Same with Neutral if they exist.
- There will be a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 2 Neutral roles in the game.
- Standard werewolf rules apply; be good to each other!
- Tentative DL is currently Dusk at 2 PM and Dawn at 3 PM BGG. If this changes, everyone will be made aware.
- Limited night posting. There will be no night posting after 2:30 PM BGG.
- All roles will follow this format; "Firstname Lastname, the Occupation/Identifying Characteristic".

The main mechanic of the game - Ties.

There are predetermined events, called Ties, that have specific triggering conditions in the game. Once the trigger is met, the Tie will occur. In most cases this will affect primarily the two players that caused the Tie to occur. How many Ties are in the game and what they do are privileged information. Whether a Tie's trigger condition has been fulfilled will be checked during the Night, in most cases. Ties are beneficial to the players that cause them to occur, in most cases.

- Example: whirlingdervish's role is Adrian Jackson, the Ladykiller. He ends D1 voting for The_Rorab, whose role is Serena Miller, the Physicist, and ends D2 voting for BerenCamlost, whose role is Corinne Anderson, the Racketeer. Unbeknownst to Whirling, a tie exists in the game called "Ladykiller's Mistake", in which the triggering condition is "Adrian Jackson ends the day voting for a female role twice in a row." This occurs at the end of D2, activates that night (N2), and the thread is told "A Tie was activated" at Dawn of D3. Whirling, Rorab, and Beren are all told the results of what occurred and may be told how it occurred, but this is not guaranteed. In this example, Whirling would be told that his vote strength is 0 while both Rorab and Beren are alive, and Rorab and Beren would be told that their vote strengths are worth 2 once Whirling is dead.

Clear as mud? Good.

More to come once I have a bit more time, but I wanted to at least get (most of) the rules up and bump this so y'all know it isn't dead in the water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
BerenCamlost
cvb2009
dejojam1
Felice Si
Irina_Phoenix
kuchick
Mimikyu
ortho_
PaperF
Ryagic

10 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://cassandrawerewolf.com/game/2037087

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
#YOLO!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cvb2009 wrote:
#YOLO!

I like the enthusiasm, considering I haven't even gotten the rules post up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved for rule clarifications if necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ask any questions you guys might have, by the way! The clearer I can make everything, the better for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys, this was never going to be what I wanted it to be. I might revisit it sometime, but I can't right.

Removed from Cassy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls