Hi,

There is an obstacle (I think the english name should be Saeder-Krupp's observer) with this effect :
At the start of your turn, discard 1 card for each red obstacle facing you. You can cancel this effect until you next turn if anyone discard a skill.

The rule says when you're staggered you draw a card at the beginning of you turn.

What is the priority ? Do you draw a card and then discard it, or can you keep it because obstacles' abilities apply first ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would apply both effects at the same time: you can draw a card and you need discarding one. The sum is: 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Sanders
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krazplay wrote:
Hi,

There is an obstacle (I think the english name should be Saeder-Krupp's observer) with this effect :
At the start of your turn, discard 1 card for each red obstacle facing you. You can cancel this effect until you next turn if anyone discard a skill.

The rule says when you're staggered you draw a card at the beginning of you turn.

What is the priority ? Do you draw a card and then discard it, or can you keep it because obstacles' abilities apply first ?
I would say the obstacle effect goes first, so you would first discard (if you have anything to discard) then draw one card. for two reasons:

1. it makes sense to me that your own draw will be right before your actions, not zigzagging between your actions and the environmental effects you play in (same goes for crossfire effects, btw).

2. there's a saying I saw here in the forum a few times and couldn't agree more - the game is taxing enough, don't overdo it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two effects at the same time means players choose the order. So you could do the discard first (no effect) followed by the draw.

Here's a previous thread with a similar question:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1259776/order-precedence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamel Rha
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SevenSpirits wrote:
Two effects at the same time means players choose the order. So you could do the discard first (no effect) followed by the draw.

Here's a previous thread with a similar question:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1259776/order-precedence
Hey, the designer is still around! Glad to see you back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls