Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Which mini expansion has the best characters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robin Powell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got all the big box expansions minus the Dragon expansion because I don't like the fact the new rules make the game longer and more complicated (although I would consider getting it just for the characters compatible with the base rules, hense why they're listed in the poll!) but I would be down to get some of the other small box expansions if they come with some must-have characters.

Which ones do yall most recommend?

Poll
Which mini-expansion has the best character?
Reaper (Sage - Knight - Merchant - Dark Cultist)
Frostmarch (Necromancer - Leprechaun - Ogre Chieftain - Warlock)
Sacred Pool (Magus - Chivalric Knight - Dread Knight - Cleric)
Blood Moon (Grave Robber - Vampire Hunter - Doomsayer)
Firelands (Jin Blooded - Nomad - Warlord - Dervish)
Harbinger (Ascendent Divine - Celestial - Possessed)
Dragon (Dragon Hunter - Fire Wizard - Conjurer - Minotaur)
      29 answers
Poll created by robo37
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Ghosn
Philippines
flag msg tools
mb
I voted Sacred Pool because in it you have 2 miniatures on a horse, and one on a throne.

I almost voted Frostmarch because of the Ogre and Leprechaun.

For me, the best miniatures came from Cataclysm expansion (looks and quality-wise) but that's not a mini expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted Reaper because that Dark Cultist is just nasty! She is near over-powered in my opinion, but is so much fun to play and keep up with.

I almost voted Dragon, though, because of the Minotaur. The Minotaur has long been one of my favorite fantasy creatures, and his charge ability is just really cool. I don't really consider The Dragon to be a mini-expansion though, because it's more like the corner board expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Halborn wrote:
I voted Reaper because that Dark Cultist is just nasty! She is near over-powered in my opinion, but is so much fun to play and keep up with.

It's a tough call between the Dark Cultist and the Warlock (who can cycle through the spell deck like it's nobody's business). If those two were in a single expansion, the decision would be much simpler. She's probably overall more powerful and predictable, but i like the variability of the spell deck. The Cultist can't turn anyone into a slimy little toad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls