Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this game six times now, since I got it last week, and so far there has been a worrying trend for the player going first to always win.

We have tried two and three player games, and we've varied the starting player for each game, and still the player who went first has won.

Has anyone else noticed this phenomena? Does anyone have any evidence contrary to this, that'll restore my hope in the game? It is an excellent game that plays well, but if it's as predictable as this it's not going to be as fun to play!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Re:No More Days, No More Dollars
Grimwold (#35119),

I've won all my plays of AotC (three or four I think) and have never gone first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:No More Days, No More Dollars
clearclaw (#35522),

Yeah, I actually won both our games tonight and didn't go first in either. I am quite relieved actually. It's a great game and I really didn't want it to be that predictable.

Thanks for your info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isley
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my second game of Ark last night. I went first and won, partly due to my first tile being a city that was open on three sides...I went first and put my prophet there. The rest of the game consisted of me and my opponent fighting for control of the growing city (it ended up scoring 64 points! But we each had an equal number of meeples on it...)

Of course the main reason I won was because my opponent ended up with 4 of his meeples stuck on two cities that each needed one specific tile to finish (and he didn't draw them until late in the game). I doubt he'll make that mistake next time

Anyway, my point being, I could see going first and drawing that "all city" tile and putting my prophet in it...seems like that would be a pretty good opening?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.